Ring Doorbell V2

Myself tried Ring amongst a selfmade solution w/ cam, mic, speaker and buzzer and ended up in buying Doorbird.
It works flawlessly at home and offers - of course - besides the standard version a pro version of the software usage; with that it’s possible to store endless (?!) amount of foto and video captures on a server but you can - and that’s just great - also skip the pro version and use the basic one while recording onto your own NAS.
Furthermore it integrates Smart Locks as Nuki etc pretty nice so I can open both, gate and door with one device.

Hi and welcome to the future. :slight_smile:

What’s the purpose for which you’re considering to go to the paid Pro option?

Hey Stefan. You experienced problems connecting your Ring to homey. I have the same issue… Can you tell me what I do wrong?
Eric

There was a slight problem with the new Ring API. The developer of the Ring app (@denniedegroot ) made the adjustments to the app and we now have to wait for the app to be approved by Athom. If u can’t wait for that u could download the zip and install it via CLI.

Hi Eric,
To be honest, I don’t remember the steps I took. What I do know is that I skipped one or more steps, or did it differently from the instructions. When done in the right way, it succeeded.
Stephan

Thanks for your swift responses guys.
I think I’ll have to put my patience to the test over the holidays (and beyond?) and wait for Athom to approve the update… any idea how long this usually takes?

There is a little problem with publishing the app but Athom is looking into it. Should not take more then a copple of days normally.
Btw, i have nothing to do with the app, that’s all the great work from @denniedegroot. Am just the messenger!

1 Like

Do we have to add the device again, or will everything just start working again after the update?

Here it just started.

1 Like

Hm, installed through CLI and tested but no-go here.
How are Ring-devices detected? Local or through the Ring-account?

The latter

So when a device is already added, and I try to install a device, that existing device will not show up anymore in the search?
Because now I’m getting a time-out 30000ms when searching.
And my existing device isn’t working.

Correct!
Which version u have installed now?

2.1.3 from Github

I’ll give some more info.

• Noticed a couple of days ago that my light didn’t turn on when someone was at the door. Didn’t check it right away.
  • Saw the news about the hack, got a mail, enabled 2FA
  • Saw on Github it wasn’t supported, disabled it again
  • Discovered there was an issue since a couple of days with the app, figured that’s why my light didn’t turn on
  • Checked in the app, noticed my authorization was gone (probably because of the 2FA), fixed that
  • Saw the fix today for the app, installed it through CLI

Was disappointed it didn’t work, came here to cry a little :smile:

Must say overhere it’s still working but i’ve seen some others where it doesn’t work yet. There is some peeps on Slack communicating with @denniedegroot about this with like sending over debug logs and stuff like that. Maybe we need to give him some time to fix things?

Ah, I’m not the only one. (I haven’t followed Slack in a long time).
No stress, @denniedegroot can take all the time he wants, I’ll be very grateful if he can get it up and running again :slight_smile:

1 Like

It was not working anymore here as well. I now start my flows using ring in ifttt. Works like a charm. So for now, that’s a good work around. And maybe, il keep it this way.

Not too much delay when going through IFTTT? I used their service a long time ago but wasn’t happy with the slow response times.

No real delay. Not more than with the ring app for homey… I think that the homey app also has no direct communication with the doorbell but with the ring server. but I’m not sure about that…

1 Like

What about 2FA? Will it be support like on other platforms? (Homebridge for example)