Ring Doorbell V2

Still problems on 2.4.1. Sometimes the motion alerts work, now for 2 days it doesn’t. No changes made. 2-factor aut. is off.

Doesn’t work as reliable as I would like it to for me either. But I don’t think it’s the app, my feelings based on this thread is they have put in some kind of rate limiter… but that’s just a feeling.

I also had an issue yesterday where motion notifications stopped. When I ran the app from the CLI I could see that the option to notify motion had turned off again. So I created a flow to turn it back on and it started working again.
I don’t know how or why it gets switched off but this is the second time for me.
Note, the setting seems to be unique to each connection so don’t assume it is on for the Homey app just because it’s on for the official Ring app.
I have now set the enable flow to run at 6am.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

The beauty is the alarm works flawlessly (for now at least).
For motion, just use a motion sensor, way faster response, too and not relying on an internet connection or Ring’s moods.

Here also it stoped working. And if there is an image no person on it. Have 5 sec delay. Still not enough. Can someone tell how many seconds is needed?

Is it working alr?
Here it’s still working like it should with motion and generic alarm.

It’s working fine still here

I have also problem with motion alarm. What do you mean by “I ran the app from the CLI I could see that the option to notify motion had turned off again. So I created a flow to turn it back on and it started working again.” How did you do it?

Don’t worry about the CLI part as that was just how I discovered the problem.

To make sure notifications are switched on just create a flow that has the “Enable motion detection” card from your doorbell in the Then section. Then run the flow. I have mine set to run at 6am each day.

Ok, I did a flow that enables the motion detection. Now it works. Thanks a lot!

So 2fa is now required and will brake the plugin :unamused:.
So since the ring api allows for proper app authorisation flows over oauth i really hope the plugin gets updated.
It is not as hard as it sounds, more than willing to help. But the author needs to register the plugin with ring to get an app id to start the authorisation requests with.

2 Likes

Just read the announcement too…

Hm, plugin can’t connect. Also keep getting mails from Ring that a unknown device is trying to connect (I wonder what it could be…). Any way I can put in the security code from Ring in Homey?

Same here. any update?

as i understand the app is not working for now, and there is no support for the “Ring Door View Cam”.

Could u make flows through iftt to reccive pictures from the door view cam?

have not bought it yet

Seriously, just bought the ring doorbell last Monday!
Just read the announcement at tweakers and knew immediately that this had a impact on the homey app.

Then you can still send it back within the 14 day period… :innocent:

P.s. Are you from a town that had a pub called “'t Hoekje”?

Mine still works. I do not have 2fa on.
Where is that article?

For me the same… no question for 2fa either. I’m afraid to log on to the site though. For now it works but we all know it won’t last.

I do get those emails saying something has tried to login and I need to ad a code for that. They arrive into the spam. However I still get the notification from homey with pictures thru the pushover app. So it is still working fine so far

1 Like