Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

@DaneedeKruyff thanks for your nice work. I just made a donation. I just have a question. When I set the keyboard language to Dutch on the settings page, it just keeps speaking English, is that a bug?

Correct. My aim was to use the Ring app and at the same time include motion sensors in Homey.

Which Ring Keypad version do you use? Are you sure the command is sent (and received) to (by) your Keypad upon saving?

@DaneedeKruyff First of all Happy Birthday :partying_face: I’m using V2 of the key pad. How can I see if the command has been sent and received? if I have set it on the settings page and press save then I get to see that the settings have been saved, but nothing happens.

UPDATE:
if I do I get to see this on the developer page, look at the log as I language:

2021-08-22T11:27:25.700Z
[ProcessSendData]: To node: 44 with data: 0x9f03b5008388e2a6d11196f38d86472ff4a51eacad and txOptions: TRANSMIT_OPTION_ACK,TRANSMIT_OPTION_AUTO_ROUTE,TRANSMIT_OPTION_EXPLORE

Thanks, but it’s not my birthday, probably the day my account was created on the forum.
I’ve tested this on the V2 Ring Keypad when I first started writing the driver but have made quite some changes after so I’ll have to look into it.

Found the problem, fix will be included in the next release, thanks for reporting!

@DaneedeKruyff ah great, that’s good news, thank you for your time and energy🙏🏼

Hi @DaneedeKruyff, I saw double flow cards for the ring keyboard V2, I don’t know if there is any difference between these cards and if this is correct?

Thats just a representation in the App Store, those are not the actual cards and beyond my control unfortunately.

These are the actual cards:

here they are also twice in the app. maybe they are already out in your new version of the app?

Yeah, it’s a translation thingy, basically only English is complete in the current published version. It’s on the todo list to complete the other languages.

What worked before, but doesn’t anymore is the following:
Although Heimdall is Disarmed, when a sensor gives a tamper alarm, i use a flow to sound an alarm on the Ring keypad, by sending Activate Alarm to Heimdall.

This worked before and was very usefull for me. But after the Homey update or after a update of this app the alarm doesn’t sound anymore on my Ring keypad device. Another strange thing in this behavior: Heimdall is still at disarmed state, but Ring keypad is changed to partially armed state till i turn off the alarm state.

I turned off speach of the Ring Keypad, but while in alarm state it says something like “home and armed”

Hi @DaneedeKruyff,

I bought the Ring Keypad V2 four weeks ago and it works very good. Since a couple of days I have issues with the network connectivity (red light on the left side). I tried to move the Homey to 2,5m away from the keypad but the keypad is very, very slow when I change the mode.

Is there something to solve this problem?

Mark

In addition to my previous report (28 aug):
Today I tested a real situation with armed surveillance… The Ring Keypad doesn’t give an alarm anymore. Instead it says “home and armed” (while speech is turned off).

@DaneedeKruyff I will send a app report, but my first idea is the physical device needs a reset.

EDIT 1 hour later: The ring pad Advanced setting “Using this Ring Keypas as a / Siren for Heimdall” was Disabled for unknown reason. Changing this, solved my issue. Use spoken messages was and is set to No.

I found out that the Action Keys “ARM_AWAY” and “ARM_HOME” can be used in “and” cards in flows. But what is the name of the action key of the button that disarms the alarm on the keypad v2?

Hi Mark, Welcome.

For disarming that would be “DISARM_ALL”.

Little tip, the value of a tag van be easily found by sending it to the Timeline like this:

That’s the one, my flows are working flawless now. Thanks Danee!

And thanks for the tip. I wasn’t aware of this yet, so can be of good use for future situations :grin:

Anyone know if the v2 contact sensors and motion sensors work?

1 Like

It says v1 so I don’t think so

No, I have not implemented them as I don’t have these devices. Also, I’m pretty unsure of the demand for adding a driver for those devices as the primairy use of this app is to be able to use the keypads.
Do you have those devices or just asking before buying?