ROBB smarrt Z-wave and Zigbee app (v1.5.2 | TEST: v2.1.3)

Thanks for you reaction. Sorry Homey 5.0 and robshop 2.1.3

Then at least you have the right version of the app for V5. As you can see above more people are experiencing problems with the zigbee versions of the remote but they should have been fixed in v2.1.2.

Is the switch not added at all? If not, then the creator of the app cannot do that much for you, as the inclusion process is handled by code from Athom. If the app does not recognise it, it should be included as a generic zigbee device.

There are a lot of other topics on the faillure to add zigbee devices that provide clues. How many mains powered Zigbee devices do you have and how many battery operated? A screenshot of the zigbee tab of the developer page might shed some light on if you are running into limitations for directly to Homey connected devices. The mains powered ones (routers) help alleviate those and help connect devices that are not easily reachable by Homey itself.

Did you try to pair it close to Homey, or in the place where it should sit, and are there mains powered zigbee devices near that?

Edwin the switch have bin connected before. Only last week the switch didn’t do much anymore.

When I want to add the switch I choose for 8v zigbee wall switch. From that moment I do what the app asked me te do. Normally it works in older versions.

Last week I’ve added 1 light bulb straight to homey. For now I’ve only have 2 8v switches but they are not in use right now. I’ve now seen that current command is in Idle.

I would try pairing close to Homey as you have no other devices connected. It may be a range problem even though that didn’t use to be a problem before.

As you do not have any other devices connected you can also try using another zigbee channel. The one that is selected now could interfere with e.g. the wifi channel you are using.

I’ve tried other channels tonight. When I’ve started it it was on channel 15.

I’ve tried many times learning next to Homey.

Maybe this procedure will help: Zigbee issue (5.0.0-rc47) - #6 by harmenkuijer
if it doesn’t I’d put in a support call with Athom.

I do have the same issue.
The Zigbee 8-button wall switch worked for 2 weeks.
Now it stops working. The green led is working when I push a button, but thw flows don not start.
It is rhw fourth time in a month now.

Just to be sure. How to reset the settings of the switch? And when we want to add the switch to homey we use the 1 en 0 button until the green light goes on. And then push 0.

According to the manual the switch is reset by holding button 1 until the light turns on and then immediately after 5 short presses. It will answer with 3 flashes.

Same manual says pairing is holding 1 until the light turns on and then a short press on 0.

It doesn’t work. Where do you find your manual? Because this sounds like something other then I’ve had as a manual

Thanks!!! This is the same document. When I press on 1 then nothing happens. When I press 1 and 0 at the same moment and then press 1 5 times it works.

I came across a minor bug when testing the wireless zigbee dimmer. The dimmer value is being stored in a local tag instead of being linked to the device itself. Running homey v5.0.2

My test flow: https://homey.app/f/vIcY9x

Some additional screenshots

Tag selection:

App:

So if you scroll down to the device itself it isn’t there?
“Local tag” only means it is attached to the trigger card you are using… So local to that flow.

I don’t see it, unless I’m missing something completely :

On a side note. The value that is being set in the variable has too many numbers behind the decimal to be used directly to set a dim value (at least for my device). It would be nice if this could be reduced to one or 2 numbers behind the decimal point so it’s not necessary to calculate a value (for me it stops working from 3 numbers behind the decimal point)

That’s not a bug, but intended behavior.
Since the device is a remote, it does not have an own dim capability; you can’t set the dim value of the remote (as an own state).

The wireless dimmer acts as a remote, where the implementation within Homey is the flow trigger card. Therefore the dim value will only be available as a local tag, to be only used within flows.

I’m not aware of a limitation that the dim level only accepts a 2 or 3 digits behind the decimal point. I’ll verify and update the driver if needed.

Aha, I completely misinterpreted the way these variables work. Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks for checking the decimal value too.

I just did some debugging and the listener to set/change the dim level (changeDimLevel/ZigBeeLightDevice.js) is just not triggered whan there are 3 or more numbers behind the decimal point. I made it to the point of seeing that registerMultipleCapabilityListener in Device.js is not triggered in that case. I think it’s a limitation of how these events are triggered by Homey.

Is there ever any use of having so much detail for the dim level?

hi all, i have a few of the 2 button and one 8 button zigbee switch now.
on and off working fine here. but anyone can help with a flow for dimming (long press).
Cant make it to work here.

I have noticed that there are 2 different ways devices handle long presses:

• keep sending long press signal during long press with a certain interval. Send long press released command once when stopping long press.
  • send long press signal once. Send long press released once when stopping long press. (my experience is that this is mostly used. Probably to conserve battery)

Depending on how your device works, your flows will be different.

There are also quite some examples on this forum already. In essence, you will calculate and dim value at the start of the long press. Then you will recalculate the dim value in a certain time interval (use a timer or the delay functionality) as long as the long press is not released or the long press signal is still being sent.

Eg for the second way of working with a timer:

• Flow 1: if scene = long press then set start dimming flow (flow 2)
  • Flow 2: if this flow is started, then dim lights to (relative) value, start timer (eg: 1 second)
  • Flow 3: if timer is finished, then start dimming flow (flow 2)
  • Flow 4: if scene = long press released, then stop timer

As mentioned, there are quite some ways to tackle this. You could also work by checking if a value is changed (eg: light dimming value is changed) instead of working with a timer.