Always open to donate to a project like this as well. The workaround with an alexa skill is kinda working, but a bit limited (can only start cleaning and dock, no coordinates etc)
Well, that’s a bit of a point of perspective: my vacuum robot itself simply has no other options than ‘go clean’ ‘stop’ and 'dock’
Yeah same here, so that is exactly the limitation i want to overcome, but i can make it do these things through the alexa skill, which i control through homey (Alexa app created by @Jamie )
It’s far from what I would ultimately want for the Roborock, but it’s better then nothing, and this workaround is doing just that
No sorry, I meant my robot doesn’t have any other option, at all. Even in it’s own phone app.
Are there someone that owns a Dreame Robot vacuum cleaner (like D9 or L10)? I managed to get my hands on the new L10 Pro that was recently released, a great machine. Dreame is a sub brand of Xiaomi (like Mijia and other brands)
I knew from the get-go that it would be problematic to include it in Homey, but for once I didn’t chose a product on how well it is integrated in my smart home. I hoped that it might work since the Dreame is added to the Xiaomi Home app though.
But I installed the Roborock app via CLI and successfully retrieved the token, and got it into Homey.
Unfortunately, I cannot control it in anyway, not even get information about status and stuff like that.
I would like to get in contact with the hero that created the roborock-version of Xiaomi Home, is github the only way?
All contact info can always be found at the bottom of the app page.
Here you go:
Thread of app here:
Xiaomi Mi Home App for WiFi devices
Oh, my bad! Thanks
Small update, since it doesn’t seem there will be S7 support anytime soon, i’ve been looking for other ways to get it done, so far i’ve managed to install iobroker and setup the mihome plugin and am able to control the S7 from there (still limited so far), currently having a look at http requests between Homey and Iobroker, to see if we can get it started from Homey.
NOTE: You do need to switch to the MiHome app, the Roborock app isn’t supported (you can enter a token manually, but i haven’t figured out how to get a Roborock token, so might work as well)
Update: Doesn’t seem to have way more functionality then my other workaround through Alexa from Homey
If you are interested in an solution like that Xiaomi Roborock S5 - Room control by voice via Alexa / Siri via homebridge let me know.
Well that’s a pitty… Just updated my S5 to a S7 thinking this would work just fine since the S5 was working. After extracting the key and installing everything, this failed to work. Ran into this topic .
Are there any updates regarding this? I loved the ‘move robot to’ card but even just starting it would be great, it’s painfull investing in something that’s not compatible haha! (yes I know it’s my own fault).
Did you even manage to get the S7 connected? Can you share how? So far i’ve not been able to even get it to connect (my s5 worked fine, and i tried the same steps to get the token)
I was able to extract the token, but after using this in the Xiaomi app that Homey supports I was unable to link the vacuum S7 to it.
According to this thread and other community posts the S6 Max and newer are not supported.
I found a tutorial on how to install a unofficial Homey app and connect the vacuum to this, soo far I managed to do this but I have a failure in pairing session.
Keep you posted. I think this evening I will get it up and running.
Working! Just as before with my S5 …
I ended up using an unofficial app installed with node.js. Etracted the token from my iPhone… It all works fine now. Do you have a macbook?
No unfortunately not, but which app is the unofficial app? Or did you mean the unofficial xiaomi app on your phone?
I’ll try to describe all my steps. I am a Macbook user soo they’re might be some changes in your way of handling stuff.
Get device token
- Remove the robot from your Xiaomi app (only Xiaomi works!)
- Make sure you reset WIFI by holding ZONE and HOME at the same time
- Wait for the reset WIFI voice to sound
- Head back to the app and add your robot
- Go through the add process as you usually would
- Once installed, connect your iPhone to your computer
- Create a backup using iTunes (or in my case Finder), make sure you create a uncrypted backup!
- Download and install iBackup viewer from here
- Open iBackup viewer and click the backup that has been created in step 7
- Click on RAW DATA, the tree icon
- Search in the left field for com.xiaomi.mihome and open it
- In the right bar, use search on top and search for ‘sqlite’ and press the file ‘Documents/[ID]_mihome.sqlite’
- Press the download button in the top bar and save the file to your desktop
- Now go download ‘DB Browser for SQLite’ from here
- Click on ‘Open file’ and choose the recently saved file on your desktop
- Click on execute query and add: select ZTOKEN from ZDEVICE where ZLOCALIP is ‘192.168.XX.XX’, where the XX.XX is the IP from the Roborock.
- The result will be a HEX encrypted key
- Go to this website and paste the key there in ‘input text’
Key = 00000000000000000000000000000000
- Your 32 character key will show up in the right box, it’s the two rules code
- Save this code somewere or keep the website open.
More information about this method on this website I found. There are also other ways for other platforms there!
Install the unofficial app
- First, download the files for the unofficial app clicking here
- Next, if not yet installed, install node.js; download here
- Run the installer and take care of all the questions
- Open terminal and type ’ npm install -g homey’ to install Homey
- Once installed, type homey login to login to Homey; a website will open
- Use homey select to select the Homey you wish to use, if you have only one just press enter
- Go to the folder were the app is downloaded, in my case cd /Users/[USERNAME]/Downloads/xiaomi/
- Next type homey app install to start installing the app on your Homey
- The app should be installed
Please keep in mind that you have to be on the same WIFI your Homey is in for this to succeed!
Install your Roborock
- Open your Homey app, go to devices and add a device with the app Xiaomi
- Choose your vacuum cleaner
- Enter the IP of your Homey
- Go to the place were you stored your key and paste it in the TOKEN field
- Press test connection
Cool, thanks so much, i’m not a Mac user, but i can setup a VM if needed, will give this a try tomorrow, hope it works
Take some time for it… It’s working fine here now soo it must be possible, but it’s pretty time consuming! Let me know if it worked
I actually did most of this already, except for the “install the unofficial app”, so that is probably why i couldn’t get it working before, i’ll give this a try, would be very nice to get it working
Okay soo in order to help out some people I created a Roborock app based on the ‘unofficial’ app that i’ve found. I tried tracking down the creator of this app but without any luck, even the people blogging about this app don’t know were it came from. I hope I find him someday, he deserves credits for this.
I changed the whole app, removed stuff that wasn’t working, removed all other devices except the Roborock vacuums and dedicated the app to the vacuum cleaners. Everything should work following the Homey guidelines for apps, soo this should be accepted in the official app store.
I still can’t seem to get ‘Go to location’ and ‘Zone cleanup’ to work, soo for now I removed them from the app in order to make it stable.
I’ll keep you posted about this… For the mean time here are some images.
That looks great!
Was just about to test your unofficial option, but now that i know this one is comming soon, i’ll wait for a bit. Did you already submit it to the appstore?