[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

@Phuturist
I have reinstalled the shelly app form the app-store (v1.6.0).
And attached the shelly2 to homey (roller shutter)
And attached the shelly2.5 to homey (relay)

If I go to Shelly 2 Relay (witch is the shelly2.5) I am presented with a pulldown: relay 2.1 and relay 2.2.
Both I can switch on.

This is a good thing right?

Yes, but it lacks support for power measure for each channel. This is what I have added with a seperate driver for the Shelly 2.5.

What I still need to find out is if the previous errors you have seen occur on 1.6.0 for the Shelly 2 as well. So could you run the app from the command line and see if it returns these errors after you have removed the Shelly 2.5. If it does not return these errors would you be willing to remove your Shelly2 and run the 1.7.0 version again.

You mean 1.6.0 commandline install? With only shelly2 attached?
This is exactly that:

But I will do this again to make sure sure.

commandline install 1.6.0, with only shelly2 attached:

Ok, I need to fix that first before I can have a further look at the Shelly2.5 driver. I have uploaded version 1.7.0 with extra logging for the Shelly 2 driver. Could you run this and let me know what it returns.

yes sir:
commandline 1.7.0 shelly2:

Have you paired your Shelly 2 as relay or rollershutter? I’m not seeying the extra logging I have added to the Shelly 2 relay driver.

roller shutter
I can’t change that on this moment to relay because it is attached to a venetian blind in a wall in one of my sons bedroom. And he is a sleep.

That’s ok. I just uploaded a version that adds debug logging that should tell me the source of these errors. Once I have that fixed I can continue to look at the Shelly 2.5 driver. Give it a swing.

ok, 1.7.0 with shelly2 rollershutter attached

Right, I see what is causing the issue. In the data you can see the rollers current_position is set to 101. As this is a percentage it should not be allowed to exceed 100. Obviously this is a bug in the Shelly 2 API and or firmware. Homey returns a out_of_range error when I try to set the roller position to 101%.

I have added a check in my app to prevent this from happening so we can continue to troubleshoot the Shelly 2.5 driver. I have added extra logging to do so, please run the new version from GitHub and let me know the outcome.

1.7.0 commandline install, shelly2 rollershutter attached:

Still can not attach a shelly2.5 device.

I think you mixed up the versions. The logging you are showing here has been removed in the latest version on GitHub. So you are not running the latest 1.7.0 version. Please redownload and try again.

This version:

gives the result:

Is there an other version you would like me to try?

My bad, I pushed the changes to GitHub now. Please re-download.

Here we go:

I think the app crashed?

Ugggh … it’s so hard to do this when you dont own the device … :triumph:

I have uploaded a new release. Go at it again.

I have tried to attach a shellty2.5 but I am stuck at that page ‘test connectie’.
Does not give a log item…

I’ll look into it after the weekend.

Ok, have a good one!