Simple LOG app - Former main topic [Deprecated]

Having the clear button back is great.

I tried to download the CSV file but it just crashes the homey app. The log only had around 20 lines.
I sent the crash report (looks like an Android one) but not sure if it’s you or Athom that will get that.

Open the mentioned website in a browser. Then download the CSV.

1 Like

Works OK when downloaded from the developer site.

I know I’m pushing my luck here :grinning: but Excel opens the file with everything in one column. I have to go through the import wizard to get it to load into separate columns. CSV covers many sins but the “nearly” standard format is to have fields in double quotes separated by commas and double quotes in the field are represented by a pair of double quotes like:

“date”,“group”,“data”
“2019-01-22T11:59:24.520Z”,“Simple LOG”,“Cleared all logging data”
“2019-01-22T13:11:30.939Z”,“undefined”,"Tado detects ““Emma””, ““Jackie”” and ““Adrian”” leave "

This format allows the separator to be used within a field as in the last example line.

Any chance you could use that format so the file can be opened in Excel from the command line?

Excel and CSV doesn’t go to well together. Libre does a better job there. Excel follows the country setting of Windows and takes the sepparater character from there. the character settings differ per country.

1 Like

Fair point. I will stick to using the import wizard :sleepy::grinning:

1 Like

Awhhhhh

@Niels Don’t see the text on the checkboxes anymore (1.5.13)

1 Like

Do you see something like this?

Adding text would take up a lot of scarse room… I’m hoping the icons are easy to understand.

this is what I see on PC, in the Homey preview app, it’s the same.
In a previous version it was OK

I’m on V2 and I see the icons.

Thanks for the screenshot.
The preview app doesn’t resemble the v2 app unfortunately. As I only have a v2 homey and the developers site is also end for v2, I’m getting headaches from the V2 conversion.
I’ll see what I can do.

I am using luckely homey 1.5.3 version, not planning to update to v2.x
In 1.5.3 the bigger font preset is not saved, hope this can be added.
Also the text around the check boxes are gone since the last update.

1 Like

Hi, Niels,

Have you read my HowTo: Integrate a “Homey-App Logger” to your App ?

What do you think about the “Homey-App - Logger” implementation ?

I still have some open points (see ToDo), could you implement them ?

THX Chris

No sorry I have not. My focus is elsewhere at the moment.

It’s a much requested feature. Unfortunately I can’t support both versions 1.5 and 2.0. And for 2.0 it’s arguably less important.

Why less important ? (I’m still on v1, sure until an iPad version has been released and the biggest bugs have been fixed …)

Hi,

When i browse to:
https://MYATHOMID.connect.athom.com/api/app/nl.nielsdeklerk.log

I get a respond:
|code|401|
|error|“not_logged_in”|
|error_description|“You need to log in to access this resource”|

How do i log in?

Probably using a bearer token. Haven’t tried it yet with v2. Authentication on Homey API’s all use this method.

1 Like

OK but how do i login then exactly?

When i use the link in a browser i get no login option at all, also i cannot find any setting where i can enter any kind of authentification.
And what login should i use then if it is not my athomid?
My Homey username/password?

Search on the forum for bearer token. That one should work if provided correct in the http request.
Note that with the latest update the token expires after one day.