Homey Community Forum

SMA Inverters App

app

Nice!
THX!!!

Hi, since this afternoon I have panels, too. I can confirm the app works with the Sunny Boy 2.5 inverter. Enabling ModBus isn’t done through Sunny Explorer though for the SB 1.5/2.0/2.5, it has to be done through it’s own web portral in Installer mode. Even better for people without Windows like me. Took me an hour to figure out, though.

Edit: completely forgot: thanks for making this app, really glad it exists :slight_smile:

@TonD how did you do that -installer mode- without mac?

This only works for the Sunny Boy 1.5, 2.0 (that only exists on paper it seems?) and 2.5. As those inverters are not supposed to be used with Sunny Explorer (according to the manual), they feature a built-in webserver for management purposes etc. You can reach it at the ip address of your inverter, in my case it was http://192.168.1.30/#/home, you can find the IP address in your router I suppose.

Then simply login with role Installer.

Hmmm apparantely not functioning for my Sunnypower 6000TL-20 with SMA Webconnect :frowning: page doesn’t load

Like I already wrote:

“This only works for the Sunny Boy 1.5, 2.0 (that only exists on paper it seems?) and 2.5.”