Smart Door Lock - Australia

Hi, I have just purchased a Homey and I am getting started with my home austomation. Have some Fibaro modules for lights, electric roller blinds and would like a smart door lock.

Has anyone in Australia used a smart door lock with Homey I was looking at the Samsung push pulls however it appears the Homey app only supports the EU versions…

Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Emily

I know from a friend that Yale works (z-wave). Personally I have a Nuki for more than a year now, and it has been working flawlessly ever since. But too fit a Nuki you need to have a European type lock which I do. Not common here in Australia.

For Samsung, it should be just a matter of adding the Australian ID in the app than install it via developer tools.

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t looked into the Nuki. I will have a look online.

I like the look of the Samsung locks better so might try my luck with the app. I am not very technical however can make my way around most things.

Can’t wait to get started.

Welcome, make sure to let us know how you go, i’ll be looking for a smart lock which intergrates in Homey next.

I do know that gainsborough was meant be bring out a new one (based on bluetooth) in Aug but it got delayed.

Their current one isnt even rated for outdoor use, pretty useless.