Smart Presence (App) - flows that works

What count down do you recommend for the door timer?

What “Away delay” do you use for the smarter presence?

I’m currently trying 10 min for the door timer and 8 min for the away delay for smarter presence.

Or did you just remove the away delay for smarter presence.

Is really irriating android phones now go into deep doze so quickly and wifi is cut .

Hi,

Can you tell more about your 100% working solution using bluetooth switch and door sensor? What bluetooth switch do you mean and how does this work for you?

Thx in advance!

Hmm but if I set the door timer to say 5 min.

if smarter presence detects loss of wifi with delay 10min it would never trigger the nobody home flow option.

could you explain this. does it mean you need carry around some bluetooth card?

I have no problem with smart presence. Hmm
Lucky me on my oneplus

But indeed go for a Bluetooth beacon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, I have just installed this app to test out. Looks promising.
One thing I notice and would like added if it is possible please, is a sensor value within the device that notifies you if the device(phone) is present or away. Same as a motion sensor for example, that when you view the device itself within the app, you can see if the device is currently active on the network or disconnected.
Thanks

You can use a virtual device for that.

I use the smart presence app. It works perfect!
When i leave, nothing happens if my wife is still in the house. When she leaves, 15 minutes later our home goes into away mode, and activates the alarm system.

The first person who arrive will automatic activate the home mode and deactivate the alarm.

I get a notification of who and when this happens.

To be completely safe, you should activate the alarm before you leave, but this is a safety in case you forget it;)

The reason I use 15 minutes is because the wifi in my phone goes in to sleep when not in use. but every now and then it connects to check the status. I dont want the alarm to go off because my wifi is disconnected when im still home

Thanks Robert, I did already think of this workaround. It just seems unnecessary and you end up clogging up your interface and Hub with a lot of extra devices for no reason.
Another thing I wish Homey could do is to have the ability to select the “visibility” of a device.
Anyway, thanks for your prompt response, much appreciated.

the android phone go to sleep is exactly why it’s not unreliable

Does anyone know whether it supports 2.0?
All my homecoming depend on it

I was using my app beacon with 100% success rate. Core presence, better presence app, owntracks, ifttt did not work for me.

note: currently app beacon is not supported for 2.0 due to BLE core issues

I am confused but does or doesn’t work Smart precense work in homey 2.0.
I use ifft for updating the precense now. How can i update the precense on the timeline (not manual).

greetz Frans

Hi Frans

I found a small app that can log info on the timeline (like a logging app). It’s usefull when you want to fill the timeline with interesting information, instead of app updates. :slight_smile:
Check this logging app

Cheers
Jan

The new Homey FW (2.0.2 experimental) has that build-in too…

I am on 2.02 and this works fine in the time Line now

Yes, I get that, espically when my wife is at home alone and her phone dozes a lot with wifi off , she opens the door for a visitor and homey goes into count-down mode to autoshutdown (I set it to 5 min for auto shutdown).

I was thinking of adding another flow to migate that involving motion sensors.

My first attempt wasn’t quite succuessful because i set it to check if motion sensors in my living room were on, and because the motion sensors had 5 min cool-downs , I ran into a situtation where, I walked passed the motion sensors in the living room on the way out and when i disconnected the motion sensors were still acivated and it refused to go to a shutdown mode.

Hi, I want to use Smart Presence for my housekeeper to prevent te need for her to use the homey app. The most important part is that it needs to trigger when she arrives, which doesn’t seem to work as soon as her phone is connected to the WiFi. What are the best settings to discover her phone as soon as possible?

Is there anyone willing to take over development of this nice app? It wont work after Homey 5.0 update :frowning:

5 Likes