Somfy IO: only Tahoma or also Connexoon?

Ok, dank je voor je snelle reactie.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Is it also posible to open or close my overhead door controled bij Dexo IO

The IO protocol is closed, that’s why it only works with devices like the Connexoon and Tahoma. If your overhead door works with these, then it will work with Homey.

I heave a TaHoma and can control my blinds but the overhead door is not in the Option.

@CaWe - could you please let me know if you bought Somfy RTS or IO motor and Homey works with it?
Second question - do you have and do you use Somfy Vario or Situo remote control seldom?
Thank you
Petr

Hi Petr,

I still haven’t bought a homey yet, but have installed my 2 blinds with io motor, in combination a somfy connexoon (and terrace app), which controls the opening and closing of the blinds.
I use the hand remote control, only, when blinds are closed by timer, and I need to ‘go through’ them, to open and close (remote is easier than using app).

I can supply information about the connection with the homey.

My topic, was for when I wanna buy homey, which somfy control station (Tahoma or connexoon) I had to buy.

Greets, Carsten

When you use the RTS protocol you don’t have to buy the Tahoma or Connexoon. You can use Homey to control them directly. With IO that won’t will work.

3 weeks ago we’ve installed blinds and screens. We have deliberately chosen for Somfy RTS due the closed protocol of Somfy IO and the Tahoma (which in the past was sold with an annual subscription which you had to pay for!)

For me this was the green light to finally buy a Homey. Everything works fine. I’ve created flows that our blinds will close and open at certain times depending on weekday or weekend. In the future i would like to use data from a weather station with regards to sunlight, outside temperature, wind, etc to be more in control of our blinds and screens.

How did the IO motor choice work out for you?

Hi Guys, can you confirm the screens can be closed half way the window? So precision open and close functionality using Somfy RTS, or is this only possible using Somfy IO?

I am not familiar with that functionality. We have 5 RTS motors which can only be fully opened and fully closed automatically

@Ferry_van_E @Franky_V
There is also a MY setting. You can set that up with your RTS remote and homey can also send the MY signal.
In my case my blinds have a MY preset of halfway down and homey can set them halfway like that.

Installed my blinds last weekend and very happy.

Al i’m missing is a MY trigger. There is a trigger for up and down.

I use the io motor with tahoma and homey. This works perfect. You can open the sunscreen from 1-100%. I have made 3 custom settings on a zwave node. Works fine. Wive and kids can control the sunscreen this way. I have sold the other io nodes because of the closed protocol, but am happy with the io motor.

Hi,

I am also about to buy sunshades with either RTS or IO motor. Anyone have any suggestions for what to pick?

RTS will be a bit cheaper because I dont have to buy the Connexoon Bridge. However it seems as I can only use the 3 preset positions, fully up, fully down and the saved preset.
Using IO I think that I can choose any position I want, anyone can confirm?

Regards

I can confirm that for RTS yes. I have 3 positions I can use in Homey for my blinds.

I don’t have any IO devices yet but I will buy IO motors for new roller shutters with a connexoon.
From what I understand I should be able be set 1%-100% with that.
Although I cannot confirm this because I don’t have them yet.

Yes that is correct for io motors 0-100%.

I dont manage to add my Exterial horizontal awnings in homey, connexoon app says that nothing can be found. Do you have to do anything to add? My remote says situo 5 io Pure. Please help.

You can’t ad your screens into connexoon? Tou have io screens?

Dag Simon, ik heb net een homey aangeschaft. Zie echter niet de connexoon koppeling in de lijst staan om de zonwering aan te sturen. Hoe heb jij dat voor elkaar gekregen? Laat graag weten. Gr Johan

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

You can use this app
Somfy tahoma