[APP][Cloud & Pro] Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon (v4.0.37, test v4.0.75)

I was inspired by your discussions on lock state. Thinking I could have my Velux awning blinds open on window detecting rain.
I never see a lock state on my windows, although when clicking it, it might show a time (currently 19 hours) indicating it has changed? Incidentally, both awning blinds (that has no lock state in hardware, afaik), also indicate 19 hours.
I have setup a flow to react on changed lock state, but it has never triggered since setting it up a week or two ago.
Is it something I miss?

Hello, does this homey somfy app work with the new somfy door lock?

The lock state is a bit of a mystery at the moment. My Somfy contact has been very quiet and not replied to my questions about it.

It’s not supported at the moment but maybe I can add support if I have the information from the device log. However, I need to get the log from someone that has one to figure out how to add it.

Ok, do you need anything from me, to help?

Maybe you can send the device log when you feel the lockstate should be active plus enable the information log and operate a device that should be locked and send that as well.
The more information I can gather the better the chance of me spotting something. Plus more evidence to present to Somfy, even though they don’t officially support us with this.

1 Like

Hi Adrian!
Now when Athom has implemented ‘Status indicator’ on devices (New: Custom Device Icons & Status Indicators | Homey), it would be nice to be able to choose for example ‘State’ and ‘Position’ for windows and blinds. Are you perhaps already working on a new version with this features? :innocent:

Unfortunately, devs have no control over what can be displayed. Athom have chosen which capabilities can be selected. The app uses the standard Homey capabilities for both state and position so if Athom decide they can be displayed then it will be in a Homey firmware updated.

Edit: Please send a support request to Athom asking for those capabilities ( windowcoverings_state and windowcoverings_set ) to be made available. If enough people ask then they night add them.

1 Like

I think it would have been better if Athom released control of this to the app developer …

I have now sent a request to Athom to implement ‘State’ and ‘Position’ ( windowcoverings_state and windowcoverings_set ) for windows and blinds as ‘Status indicators’ in devices from app ‘Somfy Tahoma & Connexoon’.

And I urge anyone who wants this to do the same at How to request a new feature – Homey Support.

2 Likes

Afaik only capabilities starting with ‘measure_’ and ‘alarm_’ are selectable to be displayed.

2 Likes

While your doing that, perhaps you can also ask to give the rollershutters a timeline to see what activated thrm ( like they did to lights not do long ago)

@Adrian_Rockall
The last few days i noticed that when i set a position to rollershutters i grouped together with the group app into one device, theres always one or two who dont react. When i test the flow afterwards, they do what i asked… i increased the delay in advaced settings to 100, but no difference. Im also not sure its homey that gives the error, becausse the command arrived at my connexoon

1 Like

Unfortunately the timeline only supports boolean capabilities.

I’m glad you mentioned that the command arrives at Connexoon as that lets me off the hook :wink:

If you enable the information log and send it to me straight after a failure and I will see if any failure code is returned. Unfortunately the size of the log is limited and works on a first in first out principal so it might not contain all the data with so many shutters operating at the same time.

It just happened again, every time different rollershutters who ignore the command btw. In the informationlog i see times from 2 houts ago, but nothing with a time thats arround now. Sent the log anyway, i hope theres a timedifferenceerror😋

I can see a few failures in there but will need some time on a big screen to analyse it properly.
The time reported is UTC so I presume you are 2 hours ahead.

Thanks a lot, that explains it, because the minutes looked right to me

Athom changed the way Homey handles time in one of the updates. Previously, Homey’s clock was set to local time but now it is set to UTC, so the JS time functions now return UTC instead of local time. They say it is for better consistency but it broke a lot of apps that depend on time.

Anyway, back to the log. It looks like something is sending commands twice. For example, Dressing was told to close at “21/07/2021, 20:10:20” and again at “21/07/2021, 20:10:32”. As the first command has not completed, it is canceled so the new command can be issued. In theory, this should be OK but I wonder if the gateway is struggling with such a huge amount of commands to process all at once.

One thing I will do is check if the new command is the same as the command being executed and just ignore it if it is.

1 Like

Hi Adrian

Did you Somfy contact ever get back to you about the windows?

Also, do you ever use Athom for support and if so how do you find the response? I have two fibaro controllers for LED strips that have suddenly started turning on my Popp smoke alarms in the kitchen and cannot get any answers out of Athom.

Thanks

Matt

See PM

I send the commands 2 times now, with 10 seconds difference to be sure they get to their position. Before it happend also, but more frequently. Ill set the time more apart and let you know how it goes

1 Like

Have you seen that in the latest version there is a new When card for “A command completed”?
This has a local tag for success so you could try adding a flow to check for and log failures.

1 Like