Homey Community Forum

Start commands with Google Home Assistant

Hello,

I’ve been setting up my complete Athos Homey system and i’m quite fan of it. Good job there!

I’d like to initiate some specific flows which start with a voice command. For example: “good night” should result in shutting down the tv, turning off all lights, …

So I start a flow with “if” and then choose “speech” where I fill in this specific word.

• But how should I trigger this with Google Assistant? Can I say “Hey Google, xxx” or does it still has to be “Hey Google, ask Homey to xxx” ?

Can this be in dutch or only in english?

Home Assistant should already be properly connected and synced.

Thanks!

Welcome Jeroen.

Hey Google ask Homey………thats not needed anymore. (you could know that if spending some time to read the topics about google home)

For the rest, and for other qustions about it… there are a lot of topics with tons of information about Google home and Homey.

So please try the search option, and if after that still are questions……please ask.

Hi,

I’ve been searching tons of things, really been reading a lot… And I’ve seen that it should be possible, but it’s not working for me.

He listen to commands set in IFTT, but not for custom commands set in Homey.

Check this example: it’s a dutch sentence which couldn’t be confused with something else or a default google sentence - but still it does nothing: https://www.screencast.com/t/5RvnKvpq

Any idea?

Make a virtuel switch (jeroen snapt het niet) :rofl:

Flow, when “Jeroen snapt het niet” turn on.

then “the action you want in homey”

just tested it and works fine :+1: Zet jeroen snapt het niet aan

OK, dus je moet een virtual switch aanmaken? Ik vind echt geen deftige documentatie hoe ik het kan opzetten, en “out of the box” werkt het écht niet bij mij … :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.athom.com/c/non-english

Nederlands (Dutch), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Svenska (Swedish) , Français (French), Polskie (Polish), Fiński (Finnish)

Ofcourse it doesn`t ,how homey should know that you want have a virtuel switch, thats if its 12.09 hour on a sunday ecxept the 1ste sunday of the month and if its not chrismass should turn on?

Welcome to the world of home automation.

Like i stated before in this topic, most questions be answerd in the forums

You stated

in a few post above, but when i look to your profile…its cleary says read time 19 minutes. maybe your a fast reader but i think you didnt read and search really a lot. :wink: damm that fucking onest statistics :crazy_face:

2 Likes
  • Take your Phone, out of your pocket.

• if needed unlock it.

• open the homey app.

• go to “more”.

• go to “settings”.

• go to “experiments”

• Enable “virtuele devices”.

• Click the "back :arrow_left: " button.

• Click the "back :arrow_left: " button again.

• Go to “Devices”.

• Click the “+” button.

• Click the “homey” tab.

• Click the “virtuele device” tab.

• Click on “install”.

• Click “next”

• the device now will be visible, on the devices “tab”’.

• open the device.

• click on the settings symbol, in the right upper corner of your screen.

• click on name, here you can change the name to “Jeroen snapt het niet”

• click on the ":heavy_check_mark: " to save it.

• Go to the “flow” tab.

• Click on the “+” still in the right upper corner.

• select (if) “new card”

• select your device “jeroen snapt het niet”

• select “on” or “off” what you needed.

• click the ":heavy_check_mark: ".

• scroll to the then part.

• click on “new card”

• choose your action

• click on :heavy_check_mark: to save.

and walla.

:rofl:

5 Likes

Too much to read. Can you make it more compact?

2 Likes

Can you make a video on this

3 Likes

Thanks @RoyWissenburg

Geen reden om je druk te maken trouwens, ik registreer me pas als ik een vraag heb, niet ervoor:

“in a few post above, but when i look to your profile…its cleary says read time 19 minutes. maybe your a fast reader but i think you didnt read and search really a lot. :wink: damm that fucking onest statistics :crazy_face:

1 Like

Geen probleem, belangrijkste dat het werkt :+1:

Dammit @PetervdK :rofl::rofl::rofl:

No problem, most important its working now :+1:

Errrm, english section? :innocent: :thinking:

1 Like

Such step by step example clarifies a lot. Let’s have more of those! Thanks

3 Likes

@Jeroen07 Welcome to the forums, as Roco has already nicely mentioned with in this thread, these are the english forums.

Roco also nicely mentioned why we ask that you speak english here, as well as alternatives if you are unable to.

Non-english posts (and their replies) will swiftly be deleted going forward, hopefully no further action is required.

Oncce again welcome, and please be sure the check out the welcome to the forum thread. Which explains all of the rules :slight_smile: