Start commands with Google Home Assistant

Hello,

I’ve been setting up my complete Athos Homey system and i’m quite fan of it. Good job there!

I’d like to initiate some specific flows which start with a voice command. For example: “good night” should result in shutting down the tv, turning off all lights, …

So I start a flow with “if” and then choose “speech” where I fill in this specific word.

• But how should I trigger this with Google Assistant? Can I say “Hey Google, xxx” or does it still has to be “Hey Google, ask Homey to xxx” ?

Can this be in dutch or only in english?

Home Assistant should already be properly connected and synced.

Thanks!

Hi,

I’ve been searching tons of things, really been reading a lot… And I’ve seen that it should be possible, but it’s not working for me.

He listen to commands set in IFTT, but not for custom commands set in Homey.

Check this example: it’s a dutch sentence which couldn’t be confused with something else or a default google sentence - but still it does nothing: https://www.screencast.com/t/5RvnKvpq

Any idea?

OK, dus je moet een virtual switch aanmaken? Ik vind echt geen deftige documentatie hoe ik het kan opzetten, en “out of the box” werkt het écht niet bij mij … :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you could please keep the conversation in English as much as possible, then more people will be able to participate and help you. If you would rather not or can’t communicate in English then please check out Non-English boards at

https://community.homey.app/c/non-english

Nederlands (Dutch), Dansk (Danish), Deutsch (German), Svenska (Swedish) , Français (French), Polskie (Polish), Fiński (Finnish)

12 Likes

Too much to read. Can you make it more compact?

4 Likes

Can you make a video on this

5 Likes

Thanks @RoyWissenburg

Geen reden om je druk te maken trouwens, ik registreer me pas als ik een vraag heb, niet ervoor:

“in a few post above, but when i look to your profile…its cleary says read time 19 minutes. maybe your a fast reader but i think you didnt read and search really a lot. :wink: damm that fucking onest statistics :crazy_face:

1 Like

Errrm, english section? :innocent: :thinking:

2 Likes

Such step by step example clarifies a lot. Let’s have more of those! Thanks

5 Likes

@Jeroen07 Welcome to the forums, as Roco has already nicely mentioned with in this thread, these are the english forums.

Roco also nicely mentioned why we ask that you speak english here, as well as alternatives if you are unable to.

Non-english posts (and their replies) will swiftly be deleted going forward, hopefully no further action is required.

Oncce again welcome, and please be sure the check out the welcome to the forum thread. Which explains all of the rules :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the walkthrough.
For some reason the virtual device will not show up in home assistant, any idea why?

Sommer devices will come up but somer won’t.
I followed the walkthrough for creating a flow that I can use in Google assistant but if i use a virtual button it won’t show up. A virtual switch will though

Yeah it needs to be a virtiual switch, buttons won’t work.

Just awesome thanks…

Hi Moeten,
This article is actually outdated. Nowadays, you are ablo to say, ik googlez start “scene name”. Works like charm!