Homey Community Forum

Steinel Smart Home App (v1.0.3)

I have the XLED home 2 floodlight. I want to switch the motion detection (and thus the whole unit) on/off with a flow. So at a certain time in the evening the whole unit should start to work (switching the light on only when motion is detected) and stop working at a certain time in the morning.
I posted an image of the app, which shows double functions, which are unclear…

Can anyone help?

First of all, thank you for creating this app!

Yesterday I have installed a IS 140-2 Z-Wave. It is included in my network and I am receiving values from the light sensor. I can also see when the device is switched on/off, but I am not getting any information from the motion sensor. In the Homey app it shows the lux values, but it does not give me any value on the motion detection.

I have already tried to add Homey to the Group 3 association group, but then I get an error saying MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION_REMOVE is not a function.

Does anyone know how to make the motion sensor work?

Btw, I am also seeing the duplicate actions and events in the Homey app, same as @Homey888

I have not tried it, but what you can probably do is this:

• Disable local control by setting the device to slave mode. The device should then not switch the light by itself. (see documentation here: https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/688)
  • Manage switching the light using Homey presence detection (switch on if there is activity, switch off after x minutes)
  • Create a flow to disable the presence detection flows triggered on time
  • Create a flow to enable the presence detection flows triggered on time

Alternatively you can also create flows that directly switch the light without motion detection and then include the time in an if-condition.