Now that the heating season is here again, I have been looking to purchase ‘smart’ thermostatic radiator valves to replace my ‘dumb’ thermostatic radiator valves. I however found that this is not that simple. I live in an appartment and we have a collective heating system (blokverwarming in Dutch). This basically means that I don’t have my own central heating unit that I have to (or even can) manage.
I have been looking around, but all the systems that I can find work in the assumption there you are also managing your own CH with a thermostat.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
- The ability to control the temperature in all of the rooms in my house that have a radiator individually on a ‘per room’ basis (one room has more than one radiator unit)
- The ability to also use the same radiator valves on a central heating system for when I move to another house with central heating
Nice to have
- The ability to tell the system I want to have a specific temperature at a certain time rather than having to tell the system when to ‘start heating’ via a self-learning algorithm (either via a central unit, or via a homey app)
- The system itself should not be online/on the internet (that’s where Homey comes in)
- External thermometer per room (for higher accuracy?)
Thanks up front!
Edit: Added the ‘not online Nice To Have’