Support for Aeotech zigbee (Smartthings) products?

hi.

Anyone know when Homey gets support for Aeotech zigbee (Smartthings) products? If you can expect something in the near future or it will take a long time? Know that there is an app via homey community store but I would have liked to connect the sensors directly to Homey.

You can make an app request here.

I thought there’s alr a request done, or isn’t this the same?
https://community.homey.app/t/homey-community-app-requests/2713/522?u=peter_kawa

Yes it is one of the units.

Do I need to make a similar request for the others or does it fit within this?

If it fits your needs you don’t need to do a similar request imho.
Maybe PMing the requester GaryOz is an idea to merge your requests into one request?
And… waving a bit with dollars may increase the chance for your request to be turned into an app :wink::upside_down_face:

You don’t need to make an app request in the community, because the app (actually only Z-Wave devices are supported) was taken over by Aeotec itself a few months ago. So I don’t think that a community developer is allowed to develope an app.
I guess it’s better to ask Aeotec:

1 Like

Thanks for that information.
Has sent a request to Aeotec. Then we’ll see what they answer.

Write their answer here when it comes

Thanks Dirk, didn’t know that yet.

Got this in response.

" At this moment i am not certain about this, i will speak with our teams that are managing the Aeotec plugin ​but at this moment i believe we are more focused on the Z-Wave aspect from our product line in Homey as the Aeotec Zigbee devices are primarily rebranded from SmartThings so we don’t have all of the technical information.

I will try to follow up when i get more information.

Cheers,

Chris Cheng

Field Application Engineer

Aeotec Inc.

www.Aeotec.com"

I will continue to write here if they come back with more info.

Maybe it’s time to fix something that works temporarily until Aeotec starts looking at Smartthing’s products?

I remember that there is a SmartThings app in the community app store:

https://store.homey.community/app/com.smartthings

I read the description, but I don’t know how it works and if you need a SmartThings bridge. Also I don’t know, if Aeotec devices are supported. Maybe @Adrian_Rockall can give a hint?

You will need the SmartThings hub for Zigbee communications.
The app supports capabilities rather than devices so it should find it.
However, one big problem for motion and contact sensors is the minimum 15 second polling interval imposed by Samsung as it means detection can be missed.
I originally made the app to integrate my washing machine and 15 seconds delay is not a problem for that.

1 Like

There is another thread with another smartthings app where you connect the device directly to homey. However, has not made it work yet on my Homey.

Has also now received this from Aeotech support

Definitely, i do believe it is something that our engineer who manages the Homey app has tried to work with, but he is unfamiliar with Zigbee devices and more well versed in Z-Wave. He’ll let me know if it is possible or not. Hopefully i should be able to follow up by the end of next week.

Cheers,
Chris Cheng
Aeotec Inc.
www.Aeotec.com

Yesterday a new test version of the Aeotec was released. They added 3 Zigbee devices to this app version:

What’s new in v3.3.0
Add Zigbee devices. Now you can use Aeotec Zigbee Sensors with Homey.

Changelog:

Version: 3.3.0

AEOMPSEU
– add device

AEOMSSEU
– add device

AEOWLSEU
– add device

Aeotec provided good support in this matter, received this on Friday.

Hi Johan

Ticket: https://help.aeotec.com/helpdesk/tickets/1464949

Just FYI, our team has added Zigbee support for our Zigbee products over 3 sensors.

These 3 sensors are now supported from our product line:

Version: 3.3.0

AEOMPSEU

• add device

AEOMSSEU

• add device

AEOWLSEU

• add device

This will also work with SmartThings product versions if you have those.

Cheers,

Chris Cheng

Aeotec Inc.

www.Aeotec.com

have connected my devices and so far they work well

See post # 12. And no, I‘m not Chris Cheng… :wink: