[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

If I can get the any information from the camera about faces then I could add them in to the app.
Looking at the ONVIF spec the event should also contain an ID which relates to the face so I could add a capability to show the name via a lookup and trigger a flow with the name or ID as a parameter.
So maybe it could be used for face recognition.

There is a difference between the actual snapshot and a snapshot with last movement. I can choose the snapshot and movement snapshot in the logic card. Maybe redundant… dont bother with the zoom or position. Day Night profile would be a nice to have

I don’t know if it’s possible cause the camera as built in human detection, but face detection is only available trough cloud service, so i can not register any face in the imou app without that cloud service.
Still if you think it’s possible tell me what you need I’ll try to provide as much info as i can.

I have ordered one of these cameras so I can see what it’s capable of.
Not sure when it will arrive as it’s not in stock at the moment but its a good price so willing to wait.

1 Like

Hello,

I want to add 2 outdoor cameras in my home automation, on the other hand I am really lost on what to choose.
Apparently for Homey apart from the netatmo there is not much choice of native.
I’ve read that ONVIF cameras work fine, but what make and model.
I have a budget of 70 € max per camera.
If you have any feedback that’s cool.

Imou Looc are working great with this app, if they fit your needs, you can rest assured they are fully Working with this app. By “fully” i mean snapshot’s and motion/tamper alarms.

They are at around 40€ here.

€ 41,33 51%OFF | Dahua imou looc 1080p câmera ip ao ar livre ip65 à prova de intempéries h.265 pir detecção ativa dissuasão wi-fi sem fio câmera escondida

Thank you very much for your reply. But I need to have more than 20m of detection. I don’t think the loop captures so far
Is the new bullet is good?

Sorry for my English

Yes, the new bullet is good and also working great with this app.
But for 20+ meters of detection i can’t confirm that cause i never tested it that far.
And for 20+ meters better get a higher resolution camera.

Hello and thank you for your feedback RICARDO.
There are maybe other brands?

There are so many brands but it’s difficult to know the level of ONVIF support they have.
I use H.View, HikVision and Reolink but I don’t think they fit your criteria.
The HikVision camera has the best features but it is above the price range you set.
I think the Reolink RLC-410 might be the closest that I have to your requirements.

Many thanks Adrian for the REOLINK RLC410.
What do you think about the REOLINK RLC410W?

It works OK. I have it in my back garden. It does get some false triggers form the movement of objects on windy days. It does have basic zones to exclude areas from motion detection.
The app is very responsive and connects quickly when I want to look a live video.

In fact it’s the same except that this one has wifi and 4mp

Ah, yes, I missed the W, both in your post and from my camera model :slight_smile:
I do indeed have the RLC-410W and use it over WiFi.

I think will order 2 like this.

Anyway thank you and continue like this.

1 Like

Did u get it to work ? Have one my self

Can you confirm motion alarm is still working on your Looc on the Onvif app?
Mine has stopped working, i didn’t change any settings it still is using digitalinput, but it just doesn’t trigger the motion alarm no more…
Could you test your camera to see if it is happening the same?
Thanks

Hello Ricardo, I removed the cam from my homey and ordered a new one on Ali. This one, I installed a my fathers place so cannot check at the moment.

Oh ok, no problem.
Thank you anyway @wesley_w!

I have published a new test version that has a few fixes around the events handling.
I purchased a new ctronics camera that has a few ONVIF compliance issues and the fixes work around those. This could mean other cameras that previously didn’t seem to support motion events will now work.
I also fixed an issue with an array growing when push events were renewed so this could also solve an issue where events stop working after a period of time.