[APP][Pro] Support for ONVIF compatible cameras (Release 2.0.41)

It’s was probably just me manually refreshing Now pictures. I will give a new version a go right now and will not touch anything except for trying to trigger motion event.

Edit: something is wrong and after I enter my user name and password for the camera I get time out error before selecting channels. Tried a few times, rebooted my router, nothing.

3e8e63bb-7eff-043c-6528-d2dacee0b39c

Just out of interest are you clicking on the green Log in button or the Next button?
I have noticed that clicking on Next skips the login screen actions.
I will need to see if there is a way to hide the Next button as it breaks the sequence.

Oh haha, yeah I was clicking next. Now I got it working and motion events are triggering even after about 20 minutes after setup.

19d079d7-3dd7-6611-9288-d6c3965c68c1

1 Like

I have worked out how to hide the Next button so that will be gone on the next version, or should that be the ‘no next’ version :thinking:

Hi again. Your app has worked perfect for me now for a wile. Now I got myself a new camera. Exactly the same model and all settings are equal. But I cant see the image. It say in red “invalid_image_buffer”. So strange when all settings are equal. Have tried resetting the camera etc. any idea?

You log don’t really say anything.

Can you make sure the logging is switched on and then restart the app. It should show the connection details.

Now both comers have stopped working with the same error.
Saw version 1.1.13 now. Same issue. Sent you the log

Is your issue still the invalid_image_buffer error?
What make and model are the cameras?

I have just had a thought based on another users experience. Could you try different numbers for the channel in the device advanced settings. One user reported that changing that to 0 solved a problem with the same error message. You could also try setting it to -1 in 1.1.13 as I have changed the code in that version soo that -1 doesn’t alter the channel number.

Wow. My first camera came back by it self now. The second camera has the same issue with invalid image buffer. Changed it to -1 on channel and it worked direct. Sweet!

Now I’m back on track. Big thanks for quick support and a great app

1 Like

I have two Reolink camera’s (a RLC-410W and RLC-410-5MP) that I both have set to ONVIF port 8090 (default was 8000, and I also tried 8080). However whatever I do these camera’s are not recognised by the Homey ONVIF Camera app as the app always returns no new devices found. I have send my log to the developer, but that only shows a WRONG SOAP bridge error on another device. I can access the http://:8090 and do see the XML SOAP feedback

The app sends out a broadcast message and the camera should respond with their configuration information. This is part of the ONVIF specification but I have come across a few cameras that are very sparse on their compliance.
All I can suggest is to make sure that the cameras and Homey are on the same network segment and that your router is not blocking broadcast message.
Without at least having some response in the log it’s difficult to know what else to suggest.

Hi Adrian,
I sent you the debug log (ec2102c1-9184-7bb8-1d9f-740f4baf5e97) because with my reolink camera E1 Zoom I cannot retrieve motion event.
As you can see in the log, I activated motion detection so I have a message “Waiting for pull events”. I throwed 2 or 3 events with my camera (reolink app informed me that motion event are throwed). But noting on Homey with a flow detection, and in the log I have some requests in error on a unknown IP address.
When I try to get the last NOW image i can see the request and everything is OK, but when I try to do the same thing for Motion image, I get an old image.
On a previous test I tryed with channel 0 and -1 but same thing.

What is the call to this unknown IP ? App tryng to get motion image ?
I’m available to make more tests if you want. Thx

It looks like you have two camera devices added to Homey. The error looks like the regular polling of the camera to check it is online. Is it possible that the camera IP address has changed?
The camera IP should be fixed as the discovery is only performed when the camera is added.
Maybe there is something cached so could you try restarting the app to see if that helps and if not try restarting Homey.

Thx for your response.
Few days ago I removed and re-added the reolink camera on your app. I have also an old camera of Verisure alarm system but it is not connected to my local network (wifi or RJ45).
I restarted my homey box but still same call to this IP. I sent you new logs (a03226b9-2ee9-500b-de82-e554d389b4dc)

Homey and the two camera’s are actually on the same network segment, and the router isn’t blocking the 8090 port. When I changed one of the camera’s from the default ONVIF port 8000 to 8090 it did see the camera for a short moment, but when I then tried to connect it said that it lost connection. After that I have not seen any of the camera’s again in the homey ONVIF app. What ports does the ONVIF Camera app accept, as then I try to change my camera to some of the other ports? Below is also the partial response of the http://:8090.

<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV=“http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope” xmlns:SOAP-ENC=“http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-encoding” …(lots of urls)…
SOAP-ENV:Body
SOAP-ENV:Fault
SOAP-ENV:Client
HTTP GET method not implemented
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

Working nice on 5.0 with Dahua NVR, but I would like to turn on SSL security on my NVR, any plans of supporting secure protocols för this app?

It’s not something I had thought about but i will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Any idea how Dahua cope with the certificates on a local device?

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you but I have been very involved in another app that need urgent attention.

The app should cope with any port as that information is sent by the camera during the negotiation stage.

Looking at the partial response I am guessing the information is not being picked up due to the error. Could you send the full log to me with the send button, if you haven’t already (I still have a few logs to look through).

It just occurred to me, did you remove the camera from Homey and add it again after changing the port?

The app gets the IP and port information when the camera is paired so if it was on 8000 at that point and then you changed it to 8090 then the app won’t know and continue to talk to 8000.

I’m not sure if the repair option will fix that but it’s worth a try.