[APP][Pro] Sure Petcare App - (Sureflap Pet Door/Sureflap Cat Flap)

Do you have an example of that smart thermostat? What brand is it? I do not use the curfew function myself so i’ll focus on other features that i use.

I’ve added an feature request for it anyhow.

@Koktail i use a netatmo thermostat i don’t know if there is a app in Homey ho kan do what i want i never looks at it. However the app i can program every day of the week the different times the heating go’s on and to which temperature.
i would like the program the flap for every day with time i may be open en closed and then at least 2 times a day. What i mean on monday until vrijday open at 05:30 close at 07:00 and then open again at 18:30 and close at 02:00 but on wensday i work at home then it may open from 05:30 until 02:00 and in the weekend also if i am at home.
In the original sure flap app i can set several times but i can’t choose the day so i must do that in the manual every time it changes.

Thanks for your explination. The sure petdoor and catflap has an ‘curfuw’ mode. With this mode it is possible to lock/unlock the door/flap within a timeframe. The ‘curfew’ isn’t editable within the Homey app for now.

Why would you like to build a full scheduler into the app? You can automat it with a flow:

‘If’ someone left ‘and’ nobody is home ‘then’ lock pet door.

Or if you don’t have presents detection working;

‘If’ it is 7:00 ‘then’ lock pet door.
‘If’ it is 5:30 ‘then’ unlock pet door.

That way it doesn’t break if your routine is different when you are sick or have a day off.

1 Like

@Koktail thanks for your reply i don’t know why i didn’t think it at that way.

1 Like

No problem, homey automation can sometimes be very hard :wink:

i have made some flows using the alarm options (wekker’s)
i created differed alarms for workdays and weekends and used them in the flows.
So i think in this way i can easily manipulate my flows.
i will see if this is working for me.

1 Like

I’ve just release version 1.0.6 to test. In this build there is the option to track pets that came troughs the sureflap. Because there are no webhooks into the API it is polling the state and check against it current state.

2 Likes

koktail thanks

i used to be able to install test versions but now i can find the option anymore where should i look for the test version.?

1 Like

Just write /test in the app url

2 Likes

Your Homey need to be experimental too.

Thanks for building this app!

After installing 1.0.6 and running experimental mode, the pet door can not be found / added anymore. No device found. By reinstalling 1.0.5 it works fine. By the way is it normal that after adding credentials to only see loading circle or should there be anything else?
Greetings

1 Like

Can you send a log to the developer? You should see your profile image and a button ‘logout’. Have you tried uninstalling the app first?

hi koktail

Can it be that you are expecting a profile image on the surepet account and it can not be empty? After adding one it works. I also deinstalled and reinstalled 1.0.6
But homey is still unable to find my pet door. No device found. Log sent.

KR

There is a bug when a specific cat has left or entered the flap, it could be in or out but the flap is still reporting “the cat has left” or “the cat has entered”

log (norwegian)

2020-02-25 03:14.14 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:14.20 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:15.11 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:15.22 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:15.39 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:15.50 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:15.56 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:16.02 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:16.13 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:16.19 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:16.25 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:16.30 Miss kom inn!
2020-02-25 03:16.42 Miss gikk ut!
2020-02-25 03:17.02 Miss kom inn!

I do not understand what the bug is.
Can you please give an example of what the expected behavior and the actual behavior is. And what the circumstance are when the issue occurs.

Hard to say when it occurs, seems random, not often. As you can see on the flow, I also deactivate the flow when it has executed and left, so no reason to run when it`s deactivated. Same flow “enter” flow is activated if the cat should return.

Also have two flows for not at home, regarding Heimdall security system, when to partial arm, and when to arm and disarm.

Thanks for sharing your flows. I cannot reproduce any of that scenario’s. Can you make 2 flows with the specific cards that log when it is triggered? That way we can make sure it is no flow that is bugged.

Will do, maybe the “and” cards will do the difference in a future 1.0.7?

You are right, there is a bug if you didn’t have a profile image. I’ll fix that in the next release.

Fine. Have you found the reason why 1.0.6 is unable to find the pet door? Do all other testers having cat flap and not pet door?