Currently I am running Domoticz and after losing all my Z-Wave devices once more, having to give the server a hard reset again, spending hours to get Google Home connected through Home Bridge etc I am basically fed up with it. Now I want something that just works.
Before switching to Homey however, I have some questions and there’s some things that I want to check. I have found a lot of information on the YouTube channel of Athom and on the website. There’s a few things left.
- Can I use the website like I use the website of Domoticz? So also to switch lights?
- Can I access the website from outside my house as well?
- Is the website available as PWA? Basically: does the web app on my Surface Pro behave like the tablet app on an iPad Pro?
- How is the integration with Google Home? Can I for example, connect some lights to my Homey, assign them to a room and after synchronizing with Google Home again just say:“Ok Google, switch of the lights in the living room”? Or do I first need to create a flow that I can call from Google Home?
- It is said that the maximum number of apps is about 20. Does the type of app make a difference? Or is it just the bare number of apps?
- How does the number of flows impact the performance?
- Currently my smart meter interfaces through a USB stick with Domoticz; how do I get those values in Homey? Through my Eneco Toon?
- If I start mixing LSC, Lidl, Hombli and more Tuya based devices, should I be looking for the apps for the different brands? Or save myself a lot of apps and see if I can connect all these brands to the Tuya Homey app?
- Is it easy to copy-paste flows?
- Is it easy to copy-paste Homey Script flows?
- Is it possible to convert flows to a Homey Script? And the other way around?
- Will all values be stored in Homey Insights? So, temperature, illuminance, power usage, on/off state etc.
At the moment I have the following devices/services:
- Fibaro smoke detectors
- Fibare carbon monoxide detector
- Greenwave powernodes (single and 6 slot)
- Neo Coolcam power plugs
- Neo Coolcam multisensors
- Danfoss radiator knobs
- Stork CMFe R ventilation system
- Trädfri light bulbs
- Trädfri motion sensor
- KaKu switches
- KaKu ACM-100
- KaKu dimmable power plug
- Xiaomi Aqara water leak sensor
- Xiaomi robot vacuum
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- Eneco Toon
- Samsung smart TV
- Sonos speaker
- Smart meter/P1
- Xbox One
- Philips Living Colors Gen 1
- Ziggo Next
- Ubiquiti Unifi network
So far I noticed there are no apps for:
- Stork CMFe R ventilation system. I think it works on 868 Mhz. Any idea there?
- Xiaomi Mi Box S → will be controllable through Chrome cast
- Philips Living Colors Gen 1
Looking at the list I think I will need about 16 apps
These are the automations that I currently have in Domoticz or I would like to be able to do to start with:
- If a specific scene is switched on (for example when everyone is away from home): get a notification if movement is detected
- If a powerplug is switched on, have it switch of after an hour. Or if the device connected to a power plug consumes more than x Watt switch it of after an hour it first came above that value
- If a specific scene is enabled (for example) we are at home or we went to bed, depending on the illumination, if movement is detected switch on a light for a specific period. Currently I determine if a scene is active by having a dummy switch with almost the same name. How would I handle scenes in Homey?
- In case of notification of smoke or movement I would really like to be able to create one script that is triggered if one of the many smoke detectors detects smoke or one of the multisensors detects movement and then just sends a notification like:“Smoke is detected by [tag to triggering smoke detector]” or “Movement is detected by [tag of multisensor triggered by the movement]”. Would that be possible or do I have to write a flow for every smoke detector and for every multi sensor?
- Does Homey support increasing the dim level from 0% to 100% (for example) over a set period of time?
- I have my desktop PC, monitors, printer and amplifier connected to a Greenwave 6 node power node. I want to switch it off only if the desktop is switched off (so using for example less than 20 Watt). Is that possible?