Synology

Nope. Still doesn’t work…

It used to work for ages, but after a re-install, I can’t get Homey to accept the credentials. I have 2-FA for other Syno accounts, which might be the root of this issue. Will try again over the weekend.

Works well here. Just that now on 2.0 none of the devices have icons. Only an empty square… at least it works.

Same here. Does not work since 2.0. I have one 2FA on another account, but created a separate one only for the app with no 2FA, still no chance.

Update: got rid of the 2FA on the other account - worked like a charm

Just added the Synology and no problems at all in 2.0. Must be the 2FA !

1 Like

@Jorden When trying to add Synology nas to homey: I fill in all the details, admin account without 2FA,but nothing happens when i hit the save button. I removed version 2.0. Installed a older version filled in al the details hit the save button, and can choose my camera…So why can’t i use version 2.0?

I don’t think anything changed between the old and new version, in regards to the “pairing”. Perhaps it was just unlucky timing, Synology sometimes gives an error 400 out of the blue.

I have the same issue that camera’s do not trigger Homey flows while adding work fine without 2FA. I tried a new user from surv station with admin rights. While the camera sends emails when triggered, Homey never picks up ‘start recording’.

Does anyone know something to try? After 3 years, great if I can make it work.

@Jomi do you have “Polling” turned on in the settings?

Thanks Jorden.

If polling is the same as ‘status checks’ in the Synology app installed in the Homey app, that box is ticked. If you mean a setting on my Nas, I guess this is not enabled. Great if you can confirm.

Yeah that is what I meant

Ok, then it is enabled but still doesn’t work. I used a Synology account With admin rights, any more settings I can tweak?

Not that I know of. I will soon try to see if I can find out what is wrong.

BAny update on this? Can’t get it working either. My 2FA is greyed out so i can’t disable it despite i’m logged in as administrator… :thinking:

I don’t know why that is, that is something within the Synology software. Perhaps the security settings are too high to be able to unset the 2FA.

However, the API user really needs to be able to login without 2FA or it won’t work.

I can’t get this to work. When installing the app and filling all 4 fields I get a “saved” message but then nothing happens.
I have a user that has admin rights in the surveillance app (not on the whole NAS, can’t imagine that would be needed??). No 2FA.
My surveillance station runs on https, maybe that could be an issue?

I also created a user without 2FA, done all the checks as described above and still no luck.

Then I should consider myself lucky :four_leaf_clover:
I have no 2FA, running https and it works like a charm. Perhaps I should never change anything, else might not work.

Indeed! I had it working, and after a reset it never worked again.

I think it might be required to have admin rights to the whole NAS, to be able to login to the API. Not sure though.