Tag change as trigger

As I understand it is not possible to use a tag change as a trigger…
Are there any workarounds for this?
I want to trigger a flow when my Sonos is set to mute, but I can’t seem to find a way to do it.

Any help would be welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe this could be a workaround.
Instead of “Mute” you could set the volume to 0, then that would be possible.

With a numeric variable you could save the last volume.
If you want to increase the volume from 0 again, you can recall the numeric variable.

Already thought of that one… Could be a solution, but still not a perfect one, as my family allways use the mute button. :frowning:

It is possible, but not very user friendly.
Install the sonos api Link
You can install it on a raspberry or server.

With the app http request you can get the state of your sonos devices and you can unmute it, or get a notification that sonos is muted.

But you have to make a flow that gets the sonos state, and therefore have to run this flow Very often. e.g every 1-5 minutes.

I don’t have a Sonos so i can’t check this but does muting trigger a volume charge in the Sonos app?

That was also my thought this night, but no, the volume doesn’t change. For Mute there is an own value/variable.

You mean the physical mute button on a sonos? Or adjusting the volume down till it is mute? Maybe there is a workaround but would like to know how they mute it. If it’s the via the TV to your soundbar, maybe you can try to see if there is an app for the TV for homey.

One of my SonosOne is plugged into an outlet with a Fibaro Single Switch 2. I’ve been trying to adjust the single switch’s sensitivity so that when the “mute” switch is turned on, there may be a small drop in power.
I could detect a difference between “On” and “Off”, but only with a long delay. Maybe because my settings, but it is also possible that when the SonosOne is turned off, it will remain in “standby” mode for some time before entering a “sleep” mode with less power consumption.
I couldn’t detect any difference between “Play” and “Mute”. But this could also be due to my chosen settings of the single switch.

The idea behind it was:
If…
The consumption has changed
And…
Volume is muted Yes
Then…
Whatever…

There is no physical “Mute” button on the Sonos One only “Pause”. So I guess he use the “Mute” button from the Homey Sonos App. There is a “Mute” button like you can see at the parameters in the screenshot above.

No, because that was my first suggestion (see post #2).

1 Like

I use the mute button on my Harmony remote. :slight_smile:
The volume does not change when muting…

I am not using a Harmony remote, but maybe it is possible to create a workaround with it?
Which Action Cards are available with the Homey Harmony App? Could you post a screenshot?

Sadly they are not much help. :frowning:

What does your flow for “Mute” look like? Or do you not need any flow for it?
What is behind “Activity starting”?
And what do the cards in the “And” section look like?

The mute doesn’t have a flow, the Harmony simply sends a command to the Sonos Beam.
«Activity started» and «Activity starting» lists my Harmony activitys, like watch TV…

And: «Activity matches»

I found a solution! I got Homey to listen for IR signals, so when I press the mute button on my remote Homey checks if the «muted» tag is true! :smiley:

1 Like

A possible solution could also be a feature request to add this functionality. But the implementation would probably take a very long time, if Athom would implement it at all.

Just bought a Homey Pro to replace a Vera Edge.
Really thought that Homey was more finished product by now, especially for over 400€😭

As my first to move over an easy automation.

when: Sonos start to play
Then : Switch fibaro outlet On (to start my amplifier)

I was quite chocked when I found out how limited trigger handling is in flows.
And specially sonos implementation, what’s the use of “album changes” as trigger… :unamused:

When I after hours of searching I find this thread and being hopeful for a solution, I realize that Homey is more of a universal remote than a smart home automation device.