[APP][Pro] Tasmota MQTT

thx Robert !
this is how my config looks like

Anything else which is a must do to get this running?

That looks okay to me. Are you getting errors?

Tasmota App is not able to discover my Generic Tasmota Device (which is a flashed Teckin Plug)

1 Like

It seems to me the broker and client are configured properly. I don’t know how the Tasmota app discovers devices, but try powercycling the device while you try to add it to Homey (so the device will send all the relevant configuration data to the broker).

1 Like

good tip but no success, just tried it 3 times

Can you please try to restart Homey completely? Sometimes when change configuration off the MQTT client strange things happens with MQTT topics subscription.

Try to install MQTT-Explorer(googleit) and connect to your MQTT server and check if you have your “Generic Tasmota Device” in it.

@pavlo @Klim thx!

What I just did is deinstalation of the broker, the client and the tasmota app.

I reinstalled everything now I receive those messages here for the first time:

I also installed MQTT Explorer and managed to connect to the host. My power plug “steckdosepool” is in there:

But still no luck to discover the plug in the tasmota app…

On your Tasmota screenshot, topic is tasmota_%06X
But in your MQTT Explorer it’s different.
Did you changed it?

yes I changed it in the meantime

May be this is the problem. I have 10x tasmota devices and all of them works with this app.
You don’t need MQTT Client to use “Tasmota MQTT” app.
When you add device in “Tasmota MQTT” app, are you sure you entered MQTT server data correctly?

I have several flashed teckin plugs here.
Even if i just enter IP of the host, user and pw it makes no difference. Changing the device name was just a test

I finally found a solution and it works :slight_smile:

Problem was the Teckin template itself, since I’m using the generic tasmota profile everything works fine!

Hi. I’m a new Homey user. I just bought one of these hubs. I have a few Sonoff devices which are flashed with Tasmota. I was wondering why this plug-in only supports two functions when there are many other functions and devices in the Sonoff range. I have a Sonoff RF bridge and a TH16 and plan on buying others. I can’t use any of them even though they are quite cheap, are very popular and well made. Is there any heads up as to when other Sonoff devices will be discoverable with this plug-in ?? . Going by the very slow progress it appears this project is somewhat stalled ?. (Sorry no offence). I’m really quite surprised that Homey doesn’t “properly” support these very popular hardware devices and Tasmota firmware as both are extremely popular and perform well. It’s almost a deal breaker for me as to wether I should just sell my Homey Hub and switch over to Home Assistant with a cheap Raspberry Pi … thanks Russell … I’m happy to donate some money if funds are an issue …

Guess you direct your complains to @pavlo ? maybe explain more in detail, what it is you’r missing ?

Hi @Russell_S, I am glad you are using my application. Please, keep in mind that this application is my hobby project and I spend my free time developing it. And last couple of months I didn’t have any free time at all. I have plans to support sensors (I suppose that’s what you missed in TH16 functionality) and iFan but can’t promise it will happen any time soon. I can recommend you to try another Sonoff Homey application https://homey.app/en-us/app/name.klep.sonoff/Sonoff/ by Robert Klep. It supports Sonoff RF Bridge and sensors.
Anyway, it will be good if you will write prioritized list of functionality you are missing.

1 Like

Hi @pavlo,

My GOSUND SP111 v1.1 Plug (Tasmota 8.4.0) shows correct energy values in the web interface, which are updated directly.

In your tasmota app the update of the energie parameter is very much delayed or does not happen at all.

What could be the reason for this?

I have to mention that an older version of the GOSUND Plug works correctly with the Tasmota App and the energy values are always updated promptly.

THX

I found out that the MQTT intervall is different from the web server interval.

It is necessary to set the parameters PowerDelta, PowerHigh or PowerLow in Tasmota to force a MQTT update.

Hi @Joka
Glad you figured it out. But just for clarity and to avoid future questions let me clarify way how the application works. It doesn’t actively pull data from the broker. It just subscribes to specific topics and then interprets data on arrival. It means that if data arrived and properly interpreted delay shouldn’t be longer then a couple of milliseconds. Of course, it is possible that I made a mistake, and data will not be interpreted properly but in this case, you will not get data at all. So before data arrives it comes through change: Tasmota device => MQTT broker => MQTT Client => Tasmota MQTT app and it is most likely somebody from first three items adds delay. It is also possible that Homey device itself overloaded in this case all applications not only Tasmota MQTT will work with delay.

1 Like

Thank you @pavlo for your detailed response, I learned something.