Timer 0.8.1 test (Homey V3) - 0.7.3 beta (Homey V2) - v0.4.3 stable (Homey V1.5) - (fka Then More) add Timers to temporarily turn on devices

Ik kan het nog altijd niet verklaren. Ik ga binnenkort kijken of ik de app een versie boost kan geven, door wat andere gewenste feature te implementeren. Dan zal ik ook eens verder inzoomen of ik dit kan verklaren, of hoe we dit verder kunnen debuggen.

Voor nu kan ik je nog wel de tip meegeven om eens te kijken in de instellingen van de app, daar zie je een overzicht van alle lopende timers. Dus ook als de lijst leeg is, en je loopt langs de bewegingssensor, dan zou de timer daar gelijk moeten verschijnen.

1 Like

In English language please. I follow this thread and would like to be able to read along. Thank you very much!

@LvanderRee hi Leon. I have only just now discovered your app. It seems quite useful but for a newcomer like me, itā€™s not directly understandable how to use your app.
For example, my son always forgets to switch off his bedroom light after leaving the room. So Iā€™ve installed a motion sensor which should switch off the light after no motion during e.g. 2 minutes, but when motion is detected again, it should rerun the 2-minute period.
Is there a page where you explain how such a basic flow can be created making use of Timer?
(also: is it correct that this can be done with only 1 flow?)

Hi all!
Is there anyone who could explain to me how to get the above described use case done?
Thanks so much!

No, but homey can handle a lot of flows. So thats not an issue.
I prefer to split up my flows as much as possible to keep it simple.
If you are interested you can read my post about ā€œhow to structure your flowsā€

Here how you can build your flows with the timer.
When motion is detected:

When motion is off

@LvanderRee
Love your app! (Especially remembering the state) any change on an update of your app?

The ā€œtodoā€ on your app page you mention would indeed make it even more usable.

I have a suggestion for solving this:
Can you add an option to start & stop & reset the timer?

• When motion is detected: activate the timer. But immediately stop it! (Or not start it)

• When motion is stopped: restart & reset the timer (reset is needed to prevent countdown of the timer when motion is stopped repeatedly)

• That would capture the previous state (timer is not cancelled)

• and still start the timer when motion is stopped i.s.o started.

2nd functionality request: Is there a way to make the device used in the timer to show up in the related flows section of the device?

1 Like

Will you update this app to SDK3 so it can be used in Homey Pro 2023?

Yes, seems so :slight_smile:

1 Like

first testing version has been build: Timer | Homey

1 Like

Just crashed, but was working fine till crash. I guess you were notified about that?

Thanks, I can see the error in de Development Tools area, but didnā€™t get a notification.
The problem however is somewhat difficult to fix for me, since this stack is only showing HomeyApi traces, without any sign of the Timer-source code that triggered it.

Besides upgrading from SDKv2 to SDKv3 Iā€™ve also upgraded athom-api to homey-api, and I wonder why here I see APIV2 is being used, instead of APIV3 which is also provided by HomeyApi. Iā€™ve created a issue for it on HomeyApi

Can you reproduce it, and tell me what you think is causing this?

Yep, I was wondering the same, why I see V2 :slight_smile:
It starts crashing every time timer got started, ao I reverted - I will try to reinstall and submit also report after crash, if you will see something, within next 10min

Possibly this line, where you donā€™t pass a listener callback to makeCapabilityInstance.

3 Likes

Thanks @robertklep , you where right!

I could reproduce the error via your finding, and fixed it. Iā€™ve released 0.8.1 for testing.

2 Likes

@LvanderRee now itā€™s not crashing but I have realized another issue - seems this condition doesnā€™t work anymore.

obrazek
obrazek

Let me know in case of some logs required.

@LvanderRee, not sure if you will see anything in the logs - 16b582f5-a596-41f3-bd09-0f0f2940e369

I think I can fix that as well. I will do so when I fix some other features as well in the version for the new Homey Api

1 Like

If I can help anyhow with testing, let me know, happy to help. True is that currently thanks to that condition many flows are actually broken for me, just discovering new and new flows (out of 800) while wondering why something in my home doesnā€™t work :wink: Itā€™s great that you kept also non-test version, till itā€™s still OK to use SDK2, itā€™s easy to switch back.