Timer 0.8.1 test (Homey V3) - 0.7.3 beta (Homey V2) - v0.4.3 stable (Homey V1.5) - (fka Then More) add Timers to temporarily turn on devices

My Night mode is just a Virtual Switch I turn on or off normally by Alexa. The flow checks if the Might mode is Off - then 100% - else 5%.

I will create a request on Github for this issue.

I may have another issue in that new movement does not always reset timer. Most of my lights have two flows. One that checks for movement and start light timer, and another flow that checks for movement stops and then start the same light timer. This normally works as intended, but sometimes the start movement flow times out even if the sensor is in movement alarm, and then the light goes off.
I need to investigate this more before any Github report.

The timer app also has a cancel timer card.
So when the mode changes to nightmode try to cancel the timer for the 100% and start a timer for 5%

Negeer als de lamp al aan staat (ignore if light is already on) function does not seem top work. If u manually switch a light on and then trigger a motion sensor the timer starts and after a while the light is switched off. Do i miss something?

What is the type of the switch? (Is it a 2-way?)
(1-way switches do not give there status to homey)
Please check:
1 manually switch on
2 check the status in homey (is it on)
3 trigger the motion sensor and see if the lights go off

If you comclude the behaviour is wrong, you can post an issue on github.
The link is in the ā€œAppsā€ area (where you downloaded the app)

It is a double relais switch ( fibaro ) with no buttons attatched and a eminent pir
I double checked with a Neo coolcam pir and aeotec smartplug gen5.
Could someone confirm a working setup where the ā€™ ignore when already switched onā€™ function works. I use the latest stable homey firmware and app version

It is probably because this devices has multiple (sub)device in it.
I will try to check it later, and can probably add support for that as well then

Thanks in advance, let me know if i can be of any help.

Hi,
@LvanderRee thank you for this great app, itā€™s very essential application. However I have some issues, not able to update devices in existing timers but just some of them - some time ago I have create issue for that - https://github.com/lvanderree/com.synplyworks.thenmore/issues/18 - do you still support your app please ? What is odd, it is happening just for some of the devices, eg. LG TV, Fibaro Dimmer etc. I have tried to sideload TimerApp and see the log but nothing interesting popups.
Is there a way to troubleshoot it ?
Thank you.

Great App, love it as it makes timers so simple.
Is it possible to have a card to get the time left to run on a timer ?

Andrew

That is very well possible, but unfortunately I canā€™t say when I will have time to add it yet. It wonā€™t be very hard to do so, but I have to find some time to sit down for it

@LvanderRee
Thank you for this great app! I wish I had seen this before, in fact it would be nice if there was an overview with best apps/ apps used by experienced users (is there?). Iā€™m using many (24!) countdowns and itā€™s so much work to set them up.

Iā€™m seeing less and less postings in this group. Is this because the app is stable with many happy users? Or does you have less time to solve issues or maintain?

Just wondering if I should redo my countdowns :wink:

Simply try it out and see for yourself :wink:

As far as I know the only issue is not so much with this app, but with motion detectors only triggering once when motion has been detected and then stay quiet for a while till there timeout retriggers an event. So the the timer of this app longer than the timeout of your motion detectors.

Thanks for your reply. I couldnā€™t wait though and already finished replacing two countdowns. Looking great with 10% of the effort, 25% of the complexity and 33% of the number of flows :slight_smile:

Where can I see if you planned new features?
It would be nice to:

1. be able to start a new flow when the timer times out and turns off the device.
  2. Use a virtual device instead of a real device.

Apologies if I missed something.

Possible bug: When adjusting timer with dimming in the else part of the flow, the timer is adjusted, but dimming isnā€™t adjusted. (Using control it anyway)

(Fibaro Dimmer 2)

Hi. Sorry if this has been asked before. I like the simplicity and how easy it is to add timers in flows using this app. Could you tell me if an active count down/s resume if power is lost to the Homey Hub, or if it reboots. Eg active count down/s continue and resume where they left off if interrupted. That is my only concern. If it does resume current count down/s then I will keep using this appā€¦ thx Russ

The current implementation is in memory only. It might be a nice feature to make it this robust, and that shouldnā€™t be very hard. I will try to take a look at it, and add it to the feature list: Issues Ā· lvanderree/com.synplyworks.thenmore Ā· GitHub

1 Like

Iā€™ve added it to the issue list: Issues Ā· lvanderree/com.synplyworks.thenmore Ā· GitHub

1 Like

That would be greatā€¦ thanksā€¦

Used Timer app already a long time without any problems. For some mysterious reason, Timer app stopped working (and itā€™s mostly during the day). In the evening and at night, never a problem (I donā€™t have a lot of flows or apps installed, so a memory problem canā€™t be the issue).
Iā€™ve restarted the app several times, also my Homey, but the problem persists. My flow is https://homey.app/f/elJNSt. My Fibaro detector is properly working as it registers correctly the movement (but it isnā€™t transferred to the Timer app).