Topic Waiting for an Invite but ordered the Homey Bridge

Sorry, where did you see that?

Actually it only says that in norwegian. After you input your email adress for the waiting list.

Apparently not.

2 Likes

:rofl:

No beta before Sunday then I just send it back.

Is there any way to see what rank you actually are in the queue? I’ve recieved mine today and eventhough the blue ring is indeed pretty, I’d like to actually start using it

2 Likes

Hmmm :thinking:

2 Likes

Agreed. It would appear to work, but with a limited number of devices. It was very unclear what you needed the ‘beta program’ for. If I would have known it was to activate the device overall, I would probably have waited.

Please share an average waiting time for buyers of the bridge. I love the device, but limited operation was to be expected when you order the device, right?

On a more positive note, the delivery was rather quick, which is good … :wink:

2 Likes

Has anyone at all received a beta invite yet via asking online I.e. since the keynote?
Or were the existing beta testers pre registered directly?

1 Like

The alpha testers already testing Homey Pro Firmware where also informed after the Keynote and invited first. but seeing some on Facebook (unboxing and using) I guess a multiple of that number is send out to the first that signed up.

It is difficult to say how much they can send out each day/week keeping Performance good, fixing reported issues and keeping the Supportdesk happy and not overloaded.

So I am pretty sure rollout has Really started, but if it is < 100 or > 1000 Homeys ??? that would really be confidential info in the company.
That’s imo the way all Cloud companies have done releases of new kind of services (Gmail, WhatsApp, FB, etc…).

If they knew how it would scale they probably skipped this but that’s how it works.
Gradually let it grow and watch while feeding …

O, and you can already Check your latency here:

1 Like

I am really wondering about this as well! Registered for the beta rather quickly and now I am waiting…but for how long?

That depends on issue’s found and results of upscaleing from the development aand closed testers group to multiples of that. Fe first 2x, 4x, 100’s new users. Etc.

First sign-up that also ordered the bridge got a mail that it said something like it can take 2 weeks or more … or less…

O, I expected it to be sooner. Would still be nice to get some indication.

I understood that a Homey Pro can start experiencing performance issues of you have a lot of apps installed. 20+ or so…which doesn’t seem like a lot to me. Would that also be a huge advantage of this cloud solution? They can easily scale up and out if needed. Or would it still be limited to Homey Pro like capacity? I didn’t find that in the FAQ

My Homey Pro is currently running 45 apps and the memory is not yet full.

1 Like

Had 73 apps with 750+ flows and 200+ devices running on a 2016 model.

3 Likes

Depends a bit on the apps’ memory usage.
10 to 15MB’s in general. 4MB minimum to 38MB max (from the apps I use that is).
In the mix, I run 34 apps on a non-pro, but it can handle more.

So, like Roco also mentioned, 70 to 80 apps can be a real scenario on a pro.

Thanks! Seems to be no issue then

1 Like

So, I did request a return and refund.
I also not gonna buy a pair of shoes and first get the right one and a few weeks later the left one because it was not finished. or a nice van vanMoof bike without wheels.

This is by far the worst release of a (tech) product ever.
Home beta “geen hardware nodig begin vandaag al”

With what Homey???..

1 Like

I guess you didn’t watch the entire keynote?
Or just didn’t understand it properly.

Homey is running in the cloud, the calculating and managing part (you could say it is a Homey Pro device that is in the cloud), running on servers from Athom, and only the mobile app is needed.
This is the basis of Homey, that is currently in beta.

The bridge is just an extension of this, to connect wireless protocols like ZigBee, Z-Wave, BLE, etc to that same Homey in the cloud (bridging that gap).

Without a Homey in the cloud, you only have a bridge that leads from your home, to nowhere.

1 Like

yes I know it’s an extension but without a beta invite it’s just plain useless.
so why not just sell the amount of bridges with same amount of beta invites

Yup, I wouldn’t buy a battery charger only either without an elektric bike (the elektric bike being the Homey in the Cloud in this case, and the charger the Bridge)