[APP][Pro] TP-Link Smart Devices KASA - central topic

You can use the builtin triggercard:

Devices (‘Apparaten’) -> Device has not reported (‘Een apparaat heeft niet gerapporteerd’) -> Select device and time period.

I have finally my complex laundry flows working, now keeps the tp-link app crashing (“onverwachts gestopt”) and devices are offline.
I submitted an issue. Am I the only one?

I have seen the issue, without additional information it is completely useless. What do you expect me to do based on the supplied information (‘ The app keeps crashing on homey. At random.’)?

No Homey or app fw/sw details, no info on what you have tried to do about it, fixed or dymamic ip asignments? Did you go through the topic?

Of 1250 users there are a few (a handful, maybe fewer) that have intermittent issues with the app crashing. In most cases it seems to be related to network issues. As explained earlier, try to avoid dynamic ip assignments, instead use static ip reservations in your dhcp server.

Hello.

I have a tp-link m9 deco set. Could it be possible to add them? I think you could do many cool stuff with it.

Precense?
Integrate the zigbee routers?
Bleutooth???

I hope something like this could come in the future!

The app for the TP-Link sockets and bulbs is based on a reverse engineered API. It seems this API is not used for other TP-Link devices. The only thing the deco line seems to have in common with the sockets and bulbs is the brand name. Perhaps someone will make an app for it, but it will not be part of this app.

The same goes for the TP-Link ‘Tapo’ line of smart sockets, it’s completely different, and it isn’t even supported by the TP-Link Kasa app :crazy_face:. These will require a separate app as well.

I understand that it is completely useless although the Homey app says it did send a report to the developer. I could make a diagnostic report but I don’t know if you’d pick up on that or that I need to do other things to provide you the right data to analyse.
My post wasn’t a rant to your app, but merely a start to get a problem fixed.
You don’t ask me wait you need, so I’ll ask you explicitly: what do you need from me to analyse this? The crash happened again, yesterday, so… (with a fixed ip-address by the way, fixed in router/dhcp, not static)

If you need it, this is the notification

If you need it, this is the diagnostic report code: b8b5bc89-0d4e-421c-b948-b218696785d1

Homey Pro, latest non-beta firmware.

Hello,

I’m looking for Homey support for the TP Link KL50 filament bulb, how should I begin to support this?

The bulbs are supported by the library used in the app, so I can add support for them.

The main bit of work is looking up and adding driver images for each. If you could supply these based on the requirements listed in the link below, it would help :+1:

Here the images are,

Thanks in advance!

kl50bulb_small

kl50bulb_large

I have added support for the KL50, KL60, KL110, KL120 and KL130 bulbs (the latter of which are apparently replacing the LB series bulbs) in version v0.1.12 of the app.

You can install the test version (v0.1.12) here: https://homey.app/a/nu.baretta.tplink/test/

@Renzo, while testing the app I happened to run into the issue you were/are experiencing, and I was able to reproduce the issue. I have added a workaround in the new version. I haven’t seen the issue since.

Note that the issue only occurs when using the ‘dynamic ip’ option in the advanced settings, and then only when devices are offline (or otherwise unreachable for a longer period of time). If you still have the issue, you may want to give v0.1.12 a go.

Update: v0.1.12 has been deployed.

I have a HS110 plug and want to turn on or off a boolean when the energy is above or below a threshold (say 5W) .
Is that possible? And if so, how should I make this flow?

Sure. Use the ‘energy has changed’ triggercard for the TP-Link device in combination with a builtin logic conditioncard. Use the tag with the reported energy, something like: ‘ is smaller than 5’.

You can search the forum for screenshots or shared flows for more details.

Thanks, I managed to create it!

All, it seems TP-Link are changing the local API on the TP-Link devices (plugs and bulbs) in the latest firmware updates. This means that after updating the firmware on the devices the Homey app will not work anymore, only the Kasa app can then be used to control the devices.

If you happen to have upgraded and thereby inadvertently broken local access to the TP-Link bulbs and plugs, it seems it is possible to get a downgrade option through TP-Link support, refer to https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2020/11/23/tplink-local-access/ .

It seems that there’s a new way of accessing the plugs locally, the open source community is working on adding support for the new access and encryption method, so eventually the newest firmware can be supported, however there’s no telling how long it will take before it trickles down into the Homey app.

2 Likes

Hi Anne, will this app work with the new mini sockets from TP Link? Named Tapo P100

No, the app only works with the devices that can be controlled with the Kasa app.

Thank you

Kp105 smartplug is supported by the Kasa app.
Can u add it also for Homey?

1 Like

Hi. I got HS100 and it works, however the device keeps disconnecting regularly. I got a flow setup where the socket should turn on every hour for 2 minutes but after few days this stops working. Then, I am not able to control the socket from homey app at all - I mean, the device is still visible in homey, but the device does not react on the commands from homey anymore - e.g. I can turn it on in homey and it also changes status to “on” in homey, but the socket does not turn on. Device needs to be pluged out from electricity, pluged in again and then it starts working again as expected = the connection to homey is restored. IP address of the socket is fix and does not change.
Any ideas how to resolve this or at least find out what might be the issue? Is there any logging available?