[Tutorial] Presence detection with bluetooth beacon

I’ve tried without the Tile-app. Still disappears after a while.

same here

Just bought the TIle mate. Also the same problem. After 1 minute Homey says the Tile is not detected anymore. In the Tile app it is still visible.

They have a range of 5 meter without obstruction

Only Homey can detect the BLE beacons in the app for now.

If a BLE beacon is connected to a device (phone) it cannot be discovered anymore and the app set the device as away.

I bought the Tile Mate, but I think I was a but too enthusiastic. Here too, the Tile disappears from Homey, but is visible in the Tile App on my phone.

How to use it with Homey?

Thanks for the tip, Koktail. First time I added the Tile, it was without registering it in the Tile-app. Did not do any difference. Seems like Tile is getting a timeout after x seconds. As said earlier, if I hit the button on Tile, it appears again (detected: yes).

The print of the nrf51822 will fit in a itag ble beacon housing with a little modification… :sunglasses:

@RoyWissenburg you can check with the developer tools the amount of resources an app is using…

1 Like

I meant with this graph:
https://developer.athom.com/tools/app-profiling and then select com.koktail.beacon app

I am using version 1.0.12 with 2 tile pro’s.

100% working, memory usages is 29.84 MB

After removing the beacon in the app it works perfect.
Usage is 19Mb

Hi guys, anyone experience with the Nutfind and the Beacon plugin? https://www.nutfind.com/

1 Like

Did you use v1.0.13? And what settings did you use?

Are there people that use the app with another beacon as described in the readme?
Will you please share your experience of the range in the app’s topic? That way other people can make a good choice of using the correct beacons.

1 Like

I’m curious also

1 Like

Same here

This is a snip from a post on another forum made by HappyBubbles (that used to make a very interesting product based on BLE beacon detection) HappyBubblesPost:
“A peripheral like your Tile will ‘advertise’ its services, basically sending a broadcast for anyone to hear, when it’s not connected to anything. But as soon as it connects to something, like your phone, it will then stop advertising. Because it’s connected. So that explains why you see it when you turn Bluetooth off your phone. If you don’t plan to use Tile with your phone and only want it for detection, you could forget it from the Bluetooth settings of the phone to not pair with it anymore, and then you could keep seeing the advertisements.”

1 Like

Hello, the parts go into standby mode if they are not paired with something.
I had with my Gigaset Keeper too.
Just install the app, pair your phone and beacon and then uninstall the app.
Then they will not go to standby anymore.

Hallo, die teile gehen in den Standbymodus wenn sie nicht mit etwas gepaart sind.
Hatte ich mit meinen Gigaset Keeper auch.
Einfach die App installieren, Handy und beacon paaren und danach die App deinstallieren.
Dann gehen sie nicht mehr in den Standby.