Lately I’ve been busy figuring out how to make Siri work for activating Homey flows. I think that’s the quickest way for me to activate flows. For me as a total noob it was quite hard to figure it out, so I thought maybe a tutorial would help other people to make it work.
- Make sure to install HTTP request flow cards (https://apps.athom.com/app/com.internet)
- Download Shortcuts/Opdrachten from the Apple App Store on your iPhone
- Find your CloudId or wifiAdress (login to: http://developer.athom.com/tools/system)
- Create a Shortcut on your Shortcuts App, using
123456789is your CloudId,
testberichtis the link to the Flow in your Homey and
12345are the variables (not necessary to use).
- You can use the sliders at the right to record a phrase for Siri. For example: “Time to go to bed” (or whatever). You can give the Shortcut a title at your desire.
Create a Flow which starts with the following (If) and executes your desired flow (Then):
Now here comes the tricky part…
If you try to use the Shortcut, it will come up with this:
7. You need to change the authorization for the HTTP request app in Homey.
8. Go to Apps and choose HTTP request
9. Go to 'Configureer app’
10. Tick the box ‘authorisatie vereist op API’ and make sure it looks like this (grey checkmark)
11. Then go back to the HTTP request app and restart by clicking the cog wheel at the right upper corner and choose ‘restart app’.
That should do the trick. Have fun!