[TUTORIAL] Using Siri/Shortcuts for activating flows (with pics!)

Van alles geprobeerd, krijg het niet voor elkaar dat Siri mijn Sonos activeerd.
Als ik op de blauwe knop druk, gaat de Sonos in de keuken aan en krijg ik ook “ok” in het scherm van opdrachten.
Kan iemand mij advies geven wat ik fout doe?
Krijg steeds een melding dat HomeKit mij niet begrijpt.
Maar bij het gebruik van de blauwe knop gaat het wel goed.
Gebruik V2 van Homey.

Heb je wel een Siri commando aan die shortcut gekoppeld? Die optie zit achter de knop-met-de-schuifjes (helemaal rechts van de blauwe driehoek).

Whoops, English forum

Have you assigned a Siri command to that shortcut? That feature can be found behind the switch-with-the-sliders (to the far right of the blue triangle button).

And also make sure u use the correct adres like:
https://[CloudID].connect.athom.com/api/app/com.internet/whitelist/testbericht/12345

Ben erachter :smiley: , moet in iOS bij Instellingen - Siri en zoeken - Alle opdrachten - Opdrachten: de opdrachten die ik gemaakt heb in de app opdrachten daar toevoegen.
Bedankt allemaal, werkt nu perfect.

THAT does the trick! Man, Great Tutorial btw :smiley::+1:

Tried to use shortcuts to get bedroom temperature; as HomeyKit cannot implement the Xiaomi sensors in a way that can get recognised by Siri.

I can manage to get a message w/ the temp but I want Siri to tell me. In shortcuts there’s the Option “speak content of URL”. All that Siri says then is “OK” as this is what the result if the flow is.

Any clue how I have to configure a flow in Homey to handover the value to shortcuts?

Just into Homey, but this tut helped me wonder well! Especially now that Apple in iOS13 will let you access the NFCchip using Shortcuts, you can trigger any flow just by tapping your phone to a NFCsticker

Welcome Frank_G! Could you elaborate a bit more on what it is you do exactly :slight_smile: ? I’m new to shortcuts and just discovered that I can use it to set my gps to home as well as turn on the thermostat, which I absolutely love :heart_eyes: ! But I’m always looking to further automate / simplify my life :nerd_face:

Tnx Mitch_P!
Also pretty new to shortcuts as well, but i’ll try to explain a bit. I just ordered some NFCstickers, some like these which you can place anywhere you want. When you open the Shortcuts app you can navigate to “Automations” and hit the plus icon in the top right corner, scroll down and open NFC. There you can scan your sticker and name it. At that point you can add tasks that Shortcuts need to do. In this case, send a HTTP Request as described in the tutorial to activate flows in Homey.

My first experiment, or implementation is to activate a sleeping “scene”. By scanning the NFCsticker on the bedside table I’ve set the following parts:

• Set an alarm (on my iPhone)
  • Set my iPhone to “Do not disturb” until alarm goes off (On my iPhone)
  • Turn down all lights(Tradfri(gateway) via Homey)
  • Turn on charge cables iPhone en Apple Watch for a couple of hours(Smartplug via Homey)
  • Set an alarm (on Homey) to activate some kind of semi wake up light (also Homey)

What i’ve noticed is that it doesn’t work when your iPhone screen is off. It has to be on, but is hasn’t have to be unlocked or something. Just screen on and “touch” the NFCchip or sticker.

I guess it’s not all to special, but I’m just playing around somewhat in the first weeks of Homey, haha! For now I need to figure out how to determine at what day and time which alarm clock has to be set on my iPhone/Homey or not. But as I said, just my first slippery steps on ice in the world of smart home and automation.

If you wanna try, you also can use the NFC chip in your bankcard or other NFC card(office checkin / Public Transport) to activate an automation in Shortcuts.

Sidenote: You need a iPhone X, XR, XS(Max) or 11(Pro(Max)) to use NFC in Shortcuts.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I’m definitely going to try it out :slight_smile: !!

1 Like

Roberto, before I dive into the HomeyKit app, is it possible to start flows as well?
I think that it exactly is what Joep found out using the HTTP requests.

I don’t see the sliders, maybe an IOS update removed them?

Yeah, it’s gone from iOS 13 and I have no idea where it went :frowning:

I found this topic for siri use, tried it and it works, however there is a different method that seems a lot easier:

Make a virtual switch in homey, connectie that switch to the flow you want to control with siri.
Make sure you have homeykit so the new virtual switch also shows in homekit.

Now in ‘ios tasks’ / (opdrachten in Dutch) make a new one, select your home, then ‘activate switch’. RENAME the task to what you want to say to siri. Done!

1 Like

Hi guys,
Bought Homey in 2018 and used this brilliant post to get siri to listen :innocent:. Worked like a charm until a few weeks ago…

For the life of me I cannot seem to get it working again… anyone else have this problem? Please let me know what I am doing wrong @Joep_Vullings!

Thanks in advance!

What happens when you open that URL in a regular browser?

Wauw die had ik ook kunnen bedenken… resultaat zegt jou hopelijk meer (bedankt voor je reactie trouwens :pray:)

And I will continue in English from now on…

(English topic :wink: )

Not 100% sure what it means, it might mean that Athom’s backend thinks your Homey is offline. Perhaps pulling the plug on Homey for about 10 minutes will solve that issue.

Gave it a shot, but to no avail…

I used the homey app to open the curtains and that still works…any more ideas?