[App][Pro] Tuya Cloud

@Robinjo. This app uses an undocumented cloud API for Home Assitant and is easier to install, but needs internet connection( devices can always operated localy with Smart life/Tuya app). The other app is difficult to configure and setup but uses local connection, supports color for ledstrips and supports energy reading.

When the business in the app is set to Smart Life, it cannot be configured.

Error: Get accestoken failed. Username or password error.

When business is set to Tuya, configuration succeeds.

@Annie, did you configure Smart life app? Looks like you only have setup Tuya app. Both app’s uses different credentials. Error message is comming directly from Tuya.

Hi Jurgen, happy Xmas!

I set up The LSC app instead of the Smart Living app… thanks!

Tuya cloud app works great, many thanks!
It immediately saw my devices and scenes.

Only thing is that when in a flow a scene is called to turn on devices, the tile of the devices appears not to be on in the Devices tab in homey (tile is dark).
So this is not (yet) synchronized, or should it be?

Other thing is that I’m not sure about the presented colour for the filament bulbs, but maybe I have to play a bit with the hue colour map.

@Annie, I did not expect this app worked with LSC android app.
@Jordi_Visbeen, the status is not always correct, I am working on a fix for that.

1 Like

Hi Jurgen, it does not work wit the LSC app because the registration fails. Maybe you can add LSC to the business choices.

Not possible, only Smart life and the Tuya android apps are currently supported by the API.

Hi all,

i am very new to Home Automation and had struggling some days to get my plugs and Smart Strip Light from LSC/Tuya working. Thx to the great Tuya Cloud app its is working now. Is it normal that there are just On/Off possibilities instead in the Smartlife app you can manage timers etc… For the Smart Strip Light i only can turn on and off an set the brightness, no colors, no fade, no blinking? Is this normal or do i have to do something else?

Many thx

@Brosj72, Color mode is not supported for led strips, only brightness and color temperature. By caling a scene in a Homey flow, you can trigger Cloud app tap to run scenes.

Okay, im getting very frustrated now.
it is said that you simply enter your username as given with the first login in the tuya app.
I didn’t have to?

just my phonenumber and a password.
and when I use my phonenumber as username it’s not accepted.

Just go to the settings of the app and add a username.

@Odechr

did that already.
besides the fact that that username seems only for local offline in-app usage (you can give any name you want, it doesn’t conflict with any already given username) it does not work as an username in the Tuya Cloud Settings for Homey.

The only thing I can imagine is that my Tuya account is too new and first need to be enrolled in the network within the first few hours?

Okay,

You are not gonna believe this :rofl: :joy: :rofl:
I went to Github and looked into the code of the app as made by Jurgen.
What I saw:

The Countrycode for The Netherlands is set as 528 :rofl:

The correct code is 31.
This one is given too Azerbaijan. :roll_eyes:
I simply selected Azerbaijan to login and voila!

2 Likes

Haha, very logic indeed facepalm :stuck_out_tongue:

Im using the smart Life app. I just never registered the phone number. But there is three things:
Username (probably just locally)
Email: Thats what im using for login. (if you havent added email, maybe that could work?)
Phone: never added.

Nice app, easy to configure, but it looks like it’s not reading The status of the switch, I have added a wall switch with two Buttons, the app does not seem to read The current status, if I for example turn The switch on manually it does not show in the Homey app, if I turn the switch on or off in the smart life app the status does not change in the Homey app

This is work in progress from Jurgen Heine:

@Patrick_B, late reaction, I was verry bussy. The code table I used was the country code table ISO 3166-1 on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_numeric . In this table 31 is indeed asigned to Azerbeidjan. I live also in the Netherlands, and the telephone code is 31 for Netherlands. So this is different then the ISO country codes. If I look at table for telephone codes, it’s a mess, so selecting number with country dropdown is hard to accomplish. In one of the next updates I will remove dropdown en let user enter the number directly. I looked futher at the country code, if you use email the field is required, but it doesn’t matter what put in. But when using telephone number, the field has to be correct. I only tested with email.

@Jordi_Visbeen, @Annie and @Matz_R, the app should check the latest status every 5 seconds and set the status if it is changed. I have updated the code in version 0.0.5. Apparently it doesn’t work in all cases. I will try to investigate why the status update is not successful.

2 Likes

Hey again. Have anybody checked if this app alos will work with the tuya waterleaking sensor?