[APP][Pro] Ubiquiti UniFi app

To keep what working?

I’m not running a cloudkey but am running the controller software on a docker image. I have uptimes from release to release, never reboot in between. Sometimes four weeks, sometimes two weeks.

The ubiquiti configuration software seems to run fine, everything is up but in Homey there is no update from the wifi clients.
The connection in the ubiquiti app in homey is green. No updates until a reboot from the cloudkey.

How is the ubiquity app running to Homey V5 experimental?
THX!!!

The same as it did on 4.2. No issues. And all features are running fine.

Ok, THX!!!

Here it is not updating the status of wifi users, but i had problems before.

Can’t promise if you already had problems, they’ll disappear if you upgrade. I never had any issues with 4.2, it’s always updating just fine. Be mindful, if you own IOS devices, with IOS 14 a new feature was introduced changing the mac address of the device thus the IP address. Don’t know if you have anything bound to the IP, but that could be a reason.

1 Like

Same for me as it did on 4.2. No issues. And all features are running fine.

I have installed the most recent version of the Unifi Controller on my Raspberry Pi. It runs without a problem and I can login on it with a webbrowser. I’m also using the Ubiquiti Unifi Android app without any problems.

Now I also installed the Homey Unifi App on my phone and entered the same credentials and local IP-address of the Pi. The field ‘Site’ has the default value.

The log of the Homey Unifi app shows the following errors: ‘Error: Unexpected server response: 401’ and then ‘Updating status to Disconnected’.

Does someone have a tip for me how to get this working?

Hi,

I’m trying to setup the Ubiquiti UniFI app on my Homey pro.
But when i’m sending the connect command i get an error i cant find anywhere:

I have my Cloudkey V1 on ip 192.168.0.50 static and site name is other then default but testet default, my site name is Hofstraat and tested it with that name and with hofstraat just to be sure.
account name and password is 100% correct tested/checked my credentials at my browser.

Does any of you have any advise?

Update:

I mixed up my ip’s there was a DHCP reservation for a non essential device on 0.90 but had a hard ip set to 0.50 wich gave me the idea that 0.50 was free but gave a ip conflict therefore it ran realy wonky.
Since i resolved the IP conflict Ubiquiti runs smooth.

Realy Nice the app!!

the question is if a Unifi Controller on ie. a Raspberry Pi can take over and do the admin for the built in on the UDM PRO?

Good afternoon cautje,

Thanks for posting the flow you use for when an WiFi connection drops.
Could you please If possible explain how the Logica Wie bevat Note works?
I’am new to Homey and well… Homey thinks that I’am gone when roaming to our house.
Any good tutorial that explains what you posted June 25th?

Greetings,

Marc

Hi Marc,

The variable is because we are with 2 persons, both have to be away before the house goes to everybody away status.

Do you have an example how the variable looks?
I have three users at home so how will the variable looks then?

Thanks for your time :slightly_smiling_face:

Greetings,

Marc

Is it possible to change the interval that the app polls the connected clients from the Unifi Controller? 15 seconds is a bit too long in my setup.

1 Like

Hi, I am trying to use this app for presence detection for clients with fixed IPs.

First I would like to ask if anyone uses the app with version 5.0.0-rc.xx? (I know it’s a release candidate but I need it for other devices in my home.) I use rc.50 at the moment.

From what I can see in the configuration of the app, it connects properly to my UniFi-controller. But when I try to add a WiFi Client and in the next step want to add the clients I like, I get the message “Timed out after 30000ms.”.

Is there any way of knowing if it is a time out or if it just doesn’t work? Any suggestions? Could I have missed configuring something in the Unify-controller?

Thanks!

I’m running RC50 together with the Unifi app, runs just fine. Adding wifi clients is absolutely no problem. So must be something else. Maybe a firewall in between? Don’t know

Thanks, @Martijn_Hoogenbosch, really good to know! Then I can continue my “trial and error” setup situation.

Is there any log available in the development environment that could contribute to clues in situations like these?

Thanks!

Unifi updated there cloudkey firmware to 2.0.24, after this the ubiquiti unifi app is not working anymore.
HOST: IP address of CloudKey
PORT: 8443 or 443 is not correct
USERNAME: no change
PASSWORD: no change
SITE: default

connection status flips from: connected to connection lost

Anyone with a solution?
with port 443 this erro pops up: [debug] TypeError: Cannot read property ‘forEach’ of undefined

Didn’t investigate yet, but also think I am in the same situation. Flows triggering on connect /disconnect are disabled by Homey due to many triggering. I keep my Cloud Key up to date (running v1.1.38.818 firmware and controller version 6.0.43). In the Homey Ubiquity app debug log I get “[debug] Updating status to Disconnected
[debug] Error: Error: WebSocket is not open: readyState 3 (CLOSED)”. But maybe that has another reason. I’ll have to analyse.

I have the same problem. The software is now using the same os as the UDM and UDM Pro.
They changed the api url’s. This means that the app is not working anymore.
In the release note of the app, they mentioned that the UDM and UDM pro is not supported.

1 Like