Use your UniFi Protect cameras as motion alert sensors.
Monitor your UniFi Cloud Key’s health in a dedicated, new UniFi Cloud Key device.
Supported device models:
- UniFi® Protect (Network Video Recorder):
- UniFi® Cloud Key v2 Pro
- UniFi® Dream Machine Pro (UnifiOs)
- UniFi® Protect Network Video Recorder (UnifiOs)
- UniFi® Video Camera G3 series:
- UniFi® Video Camera G4 series:
Note: if you are upgrading from a previous (beta) version, please re-add your devices.
- Create a local access user in the UniFi Protect web interface (used only for Homey.
- Install this UniFi Protect app on your Homey.
- Go to the UniFi Protect app’s settings page.
- You will be prompted to enter the credentials of the UniFi Video user you created in step 2 and some network information.
- Start the ‘add device wizard’ in Homey, search for your UniFi Cloud Key and/or cameras and add them to your devices.
- If the user credentials changed in UniFi Protect, they can be updated on the UniFi Protect app’s settings page.
- A flow can be triggered when motion detection on a camera starts or ends.
- A flow can be triggered when a snapshot is created on a camera. This card supplies the name of the camera that created the snapshot and the snapshot image itself.
- A flow action card can be used to create a snapshot, which is is saved to an Image tag.
- A flow action card is available to set a camera’s recording mode, being one of ‘Don’t record’, ‘Always record’ or ‘Record only motion’.
In a beta version of Unifi Protect, all information about the NVR itself has been removed. We have made the NVR itself deprecated as a device and will be removed in the next version.
Remove the NVR from your devices. The NVR is also no longer obliged to install it first.
Troubleshooting / FAQ:
I am using UniFi® Dream Machine Pro and can’t connect.
- You must select ‘UnifiOs’ in the Application Settings.
I get a lot of false motion alerts. Is there anything to do about that?
- Turn off ‘Enable Auto Rotate’ and rotate the camera manually.
- Remove the default motion zone and create a motion zone with only the zone what you want to detect motions.
- Set ‘Minimum seconds of motion to trigger event’ on 1 second or higher
Do you have more tips? let me know!
I am using a UnifiOS device, I don’t see any storage information.
- UnifiOS device does not release storage information through the API.