Homey Community Forum

Unifi NVR Cloud Key V2

I just purchased a Unifi NVR Cloud Key 2 and want to connect the Homey App to it. The app is asking for the name of the NVR - I know this name - and the API key. Where can I find the API key or how and where can I obtain it?

From the README:

• Create a user in the UniFi Video web interface that belongs to a group that has permissions view camera and edit camera .
  • Enable API access for this user and note/copy the API key.

The Cloudkey 2 Plus runs Unifi Protect instead of Unifi Video v3

Hi Robert. Thank you for your reply. Can you please show me via a URL and/or print screen where I need to do this?

See page 25/26 of the Unifi video manual
but I doubt you are using this software…

No, because I don’t have that device. If the README doesn’t correspond with what you’re seeing, your device is likely to be running different software (as @oklie has suggested).

For Unifi Protect, you could perhaps take a look at the instructions here, but it’s likely that your device just isn’t supported by the Homey app.

although you cannot use the Unifi Video app you can still grab screenshots with the Image Grabber app. make sure you enable ‘anonymous screenshot access’ in your Unifi G3 camera.

Hopefully someone will update the Unifi video app for Homey to support Unifi Protect :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there some news about this app ? :slight_smile:

Any news yet?

I don’t think so

Any news if there will be a UniFi Protect app for Homey?