I purchased a new Homey in the beginning of 2020 and although I like it a lot, I have two problems; one annoying and one peculiar. I will start with the annoying problem, because that is more…annoying.
Although I have not noticed it, until being told by the Athom support, I seem to have had a very unstable connection between the Homey and my router. This got apparent when I recently purchased a Philips Hue Bridge (reason for this was the unstable direct connection to the Hue lamps) and now got slow reconnection and hence noticed the loss in form of error screens with “Unknown error” or “Homey cannot be reached”, as well as flows not starting when due. I have tried several things, that have been proposed on the forum, trying to solve this issue, summarized below.
- Using static IP for Homey in router and increasing lease time to 7 days.
- Changed name on the 2.4GHz wifi.
- Using bandsteering and disconnecting 5GHz wifi
- Connecting the Homey to 2.4GHz extender wifi.
- Changing the wifi channel as well as the Hue Zigbee channel, aiming for non-overlapping channels.
- Changing adapter to 2.1A, 5V, as well as trying a second original 2.0A, 5V adapter provided by Athom.
- Moving the Homey, router, and Hue bridge to different positions in my rather small apartment, with the Homey and router always having direct visual contact.
- Restarting Homey (with a 15 min pause), router, and Hue bridge in any conceivable order.
- Removing all unused applications.
- Removing some used applications…
- Checking for RAM-leakage -> No problem.
- NEW: Reset Zigbee in Homey as well as changing Zigbee channel.
I have, as has the Athom support, now no more ideas how to sort this and I would be super happy if someone had an idea what to test next! I have hesitated to make a factory reset but if I can’t get the Homey to work soon I will try that.
Thanks in advance!