Use AND/OR in When card?

I noticed some really old posts so I am afraid I ran into another limitation of the Homey Flows concept, but I’m going to ask anyway.

In Xiaomi’s “Mi Home” Automation for example (which is very basic), you can easily use multiple triggers in a rule (IF X AND/OR Y THEN …). For example: IF Time=21:00 OR Motion detected THEN Switch Off Plug.

Is that possible at all in Homey, or do I really have to duplicate flows to achieve that? :frowning:

It’s not possible to do that in one flow, no, but because you can start a flow from another flow you can do this:

• Flow A: WHEN X THEN Start Flow C
  • Flow B: WHEN Y THEN Start Flow C
  • Flow C: WHEN This Flow Is Started THEN Switch Off Plug

Thanks, I know. But to be honest it really sounds crazy having to define 3 flows for something that simple! Another one for the feature request list to Athome I guess, although I saw posts 2 years old requesting this so I am not sure what to expect.

I mean, Mi Homi is really basic and the target audience is just about everyone who can use an App. Homey is supposed to be much more advanced, so I am really confused why isn’t this available. :grimacing:

1 Like

“Just coming from Mi Home and Hubitat and I really like the overall Homey experience (especially the brand new web app!), but things like that are quite an unpleasant surprise.”

“Mi Home seems to be able to identify offline devices just fine, so I guess Homey should also be able to as well?”

“I mean, Mi Homi is really basic and the target audience is just about everyone who can use an App. Homey is supposed to be much more advanced, so I am really confused why isn’t this available.”

"In Xiaomi’s “Mi Home” Automation for example (which is very basic), you can easily use multiple triggers in a rule (IF X AND/OR Y THEN …). "

Ur sure u still like Homey over Mi Home?

Hehe. Fair point.

To be honest, I would have stayed with Xiaomi if it would have had:

1. Support for 3rd party devices (main reason to look elsewhere)
  2. A bit more automation power (e.g. Variables)

You can’t beat a €20 Zigbee/BLE/Wifi hub with a clean minimalistic look (I don’t like the bulb)! And although it is lacking a web UI, I really like the Mi Home App for its clear layout and usability. I think Athom could really benefit from looking at the competetion to improve here and there.

Anyway, since that is what I was using for some really basic automation rules, that’s what I am comparing to right now.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok. But the asking for multiple triggers started in like 2016 and been asked for like many times.

Lots of feature requests are sent to Athom but they never done anything with it. Like maybe they don’t want it. As this is a community forum (runned by and fully controlled by Athom btw) they can say they are not reading here (read: good excuse to not respond to this kind of questions at all) and there for it is of no use to ask for this kind of features.
So we can discuss this again and again and we don’t get it. We can send feature requests again and again and we also don’t get it. They have build a concrete wall around them and there is nothing that will come thru.

1 Like

Yup, I gathered as much reading through the forums. :slight_smile:

I understand that sometimes small improvements on the surface could require significant changes in the underlying code, but at the same time there are plenty of quick wins out there that really should not take too much effort to implement. But I guess they have different priorities at the moment.

With a little downside that this moment lasts for more then 4 years now.

And then some bloke with the “why there’s only one flow trigger possible” question wrote this: Advanced Scheduler

And there’s the H.O.O.P. app, this has many flow options and possibilities.

Both quite new and worth to give a go :wink: