I’m using two variables with the Virtual Devices App, where I have a virtual thermostat. The virtual thermostats reads thermometers in each room, and can change a variable for setting the temperature in the room.
This has worked flawlessly for a long time, but it seems like something has changed with a later Homey update. The temperature has been at 19 for ages, and my better half wanted to up it to 20 yesterday. We’ve done this before without any issues. The virtual thermostat basically changes with 0.5 in increments, and I’ve set the flow to react 3 seconds later if changed. Otherwise it will go up/down reacting to temperature change in the room.
So over to my issue; For some stupid reason the variable wasn’t set to 20 when increased, but had a bunch of decimals, which seemed to create problems for the virtual thermostats or the flows, so it didn’t react when I tried to change the temperature, and the wall heaters which are controlled by the virtual thermostats never turned off.
I had to manually edit the variables to a round number, and then I could increase/decrease again - everything working as normal.
Both variables got the same exact number.