Homey Community Forum

Velux Integra

Hi there!

I own a Velux solar powered sunshield which I want to control using Homey. Does anyone have any experience using the Velux Active system? Or does anyone know a better alternative for this?

Velux is using the IO HomeControl standard. I saw the Somfy Tahoma and Somfy Connexoon devices, if anyone have any experience with those solutions, please let me know. :slight_smile:

If you search the forum for Velux, Integra and IO HomeControl, you get all the answers there are already.

https://community.athom.com/search?q=Velux

There is no hope for other / direct connections.
So I would suggest to look at the App

https://apps.athom.com/app/com.somfy.tahoma

Hi Dijker,

Thanks for your fast response. Thanks to the information available, I already found this app. That’s why I asked for the Somfy experience from people.

I don’t like to be forced to buy some random hardware without doing some research first. There are people who were able to fix the Velux Active using Fibaro products. Maybe others found other solutions.

I just don’t want to buy a bridge / controller with the same price as the whole Homey system, just to control one sunshield, unless I am absolutely sure there are no other options.

Sorry to jump on this thread, but I’m searching using the links above and not seeing answers (at least not in English)

I’m just about to drop a lot of money on 4 velux windows - planning the integra option, but it sounds like there isn’t a good way to link this to homey?
Or is there?

Anyone that got Velux Integra working with Homey? I’m in the process of buying a velux integra window and hope for it to work with homey :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not yet, but just had one installed.
My current plan (hope) is that the remote uses 433mhz and then to buy a broadlink to connect with homey and learn the signal

If there’s a better way then I’m ears open!!

I saw that the app posted by dijker has the Velux Integra listed, try that first.

I can confirm that Homey is unable to learn the signal. Whatever I tried, it didn’t see any signal. It seems to be a pretty save signal between the remote and the receiver.

I ended up in giving up - the Somfy Connexxoon is the best way to go. It is cheaper than the TaHoma. Big difference is that TaHoma looks more like Homey - it can connect to other services and has some sort of flows, where the Connexxoon just controls the shutters.

If everything goes as planned, I can give some feedback in October. Then a company will install extra shutters and they deliver the Connexxoon with it.

I have also a Velux Integra and there is Velux Active Gateway to control it via App, etc. I use this without a Homey integration.

Velux set up today so tried the Tahoma app posted above - you need a separate device (Tahoma) which as someone says above is like Homey itself.
So at the moment I’m at square one