Smart Home - Roller Shutter 3 & Venetian blinds
Hi all, I’m newbie to homey too… (6 days).
I have finaly found the way how to trim lamelas.
I was able to succesfully repeat it using this guide on all blind in my house.
Its quite complicated, but during my detetective work i learn a lot about z-wave device control. Now I understand why so many users failed to solve it.
To have it really done in the right way, as it is in Fibaro Home Center, It needs to be fixed by Homey / Fibaro app plugin.
Configuration of “venetian blinds” (those with lamelas) is clearly missing in device configuration (probably just due to missing two sliders device control UI on homey). But here its my (brief for now) workaround.
- Fibaro Roller Shutter needs to be paired into homey z-way network as insecure
- there is the workaround to start inclusion as Walli Outlet: Add device/Fibaro/Walli Outlet
- Its smart way to force non secure way of inclusion
- dont worry it will be finnaly recognized as Roller Shutter 3 by Homey
- Pairing instructions are of course different use the right one for Roller Shutter 3 (in my case tripple click on blind control switch 1)
- Configure the Rollel Shutter 3 for Venetian blindes
- set custom parameters: Device/Advanced Settings/Raw Configuration Parameters/Value: 151,1,2;152,4,150;153,1,0;
- set calibration to start: Device/Advanced Settings/Start calibration
- dont be surprised that Roller Shutter 3 will remember tilt of lamelas after the blind position change - it will open/close during movement and then lamelas will be set to last position again (looks bit strange but its correct behavior)
- note the NodeID in Advanced Settings screen… you will need it later in Z-wave raw commad
- Test the blinds
- if you are able to control blinds position (Device/Slider)
- fine tune the time to full trim lamelas, if the time to fuľl open is too long blinds are moving after lamelas are full open. In my case i’ve changed default value 150ms to 110 ms. ( sixth number in raw parameter config: 151,1,2;152,4,110;153,1,0; )
- if the time will be accurate then when it you will trim lamelas blinds will not move unnecesary too much, and also partial trimming of lamelas will be more precise (eg 50%)
- Create custom flow for triming lamelas
- new Flow using Z-wave raw comand:
- When…: card: Flow/This flow is started
- Then…: card: System/Z-Wave/Send raw command, NodeID: numeric id of your Roller Shutter 3 (one noted n previous step), Parameter: 0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x02,0x26,0x01,99
Parameter is the sentence in hexadecimal but could be on decimal or mixed. Hexa values are mostly specified in device manuals so youll be able to check them, if you are interested in its meaning. Basicaly it says that we are sending command to Endpoint2 (lamelas) that we would like to set level of lamelas to 100% (full open) - the last number in decimal 99 (or 0x63 hexa)
- To close lamelas (change the last number to 0), to open lamelas (99), to partialy open lamelas (50), etc…
(Btw you can control also the position of blinds using such raw command too… just change fourth number of endpoint to 1 (0x60,0x0D,0x13,0x01,0x26,0x01,99), or you can send even direct comand without specification of endpoint sinve endpoint1 is considered as default - root)
- Create flows which includes those trimming lamelas flows
- to open lamelas at the sun rise
- to close blinds and close lamelas
(This is up to you and its not part of this guide… yet, dont forgot about Duplicate flow function in case you ave more blinds…)
- Test it and finetune
- test the sequence timing… and fine tune the flows, dont hasitate to share with us your findings…
- for example parial open flow trim lamelas diferently when its launched from open state than from closed… so its good to close it first and then partialy open…
Known limitiation (so far):
- Roller Shutter is not connecteŕd in secure way
- Missing device UI for lamelas control in Homey (only flows)
- You cannot send more commands in same time (to trim and to set position) it needs to be sequenced…
Hopefully Athom developers will fix it soon so it will become obsolete… If you know how to report, vote for fix let us know…
Let me know if this guide works or if you are facing some issues, or I havent describe it well (not a native speaker, and Wrote it on my iPhone…)
And as usual… use on your own risk… for your own good…