VThermo app

It is percentage points. So increase 10 % points means 20 % to 30 %.

1 Like

Thanks! Do i have to delete and reinstall The app or The devices after The update?

No not this update. :slight_smile:

Dear Community,

is there a delay within the App between asking the contact sensor (if they have an alarm) and switching the heating?

1. Heating is off, thermostat 22°, no contact alarm

2. Thermostat set to 25°, heating went immediately on, no contact alarm

3. Thermostat set to 25°, contact alarm on, heating still on

Also when I open the second window (suspected all sensors have to report an alarm) the heating stays on.

The heating is turned on by a Fibaro WallPlug (configured as heating).
The contact sensors are Sensative Strips.

I also enabled the “turn off if contact alarm” function in the settings of the thermostat, for sure.

Regards
Andreas

Hi,

Yes, the VThermo checks other devices (thermometers, thermostatus, contact sensors) every 60 seconds.

So a maximum of 60 seconds before the state of the contact sensor is taken into account.

Dear balmli,

Thank you for this information. I was waiting, but not for 60 seconds…

Could you also answer me this one?
I have a simple plan: 22° for the whole day in the bathroom. Because my house knows when I go for sleep, there is a flow to set the Heatingplan to “sleep” state and with this to 20° when everyone is in bed. Well, when time becomes 00:00 the Heatingplan goes back to the regular plan and sets the thermostat to 22° again. Why (indeed I understand why)? Usually I am sleeping until I get up :wink: which also has a flow telling the heating plan, to go back to automatic mode.

Is there a workaround for that?

Regards
Andreas

When you talk about “heatingplan”, is that a set of flows? Or an app ?

@Seraphim @balmli

Not sure if this is relevant to your issue, but I have a problem with the App heating Schedule by @Markus and reported this as a bug: here

Dear balmli,

It’s the app “Heizungsplaner”. There is a plan for the bath with 22° for the whole day. As soon as everyone at home is in bed, I start a flow to set the plan from automatic to “sleep” but at midnight the plan returns to automatic.

@Seraphim

I guess you have to wait for the fix in 'Heizungsplaner"

Hello to the designer of this app,

I have „subzones“ for different kinds of devices in each room, e.g. Sensor, Actuators, Logicals, etc.
So contact sensor are within the sensor subzone and the heating is in the actuators subzone.
The virtual thermostat itself is in the room. Logically the virtual thermostat now can‘t work.

Two questions:

1. would it be possible to send the temperature to the thermostat with measure_temperatur in the future?
  2. or would it be possible to configure the thermostat to take a look to the subzones where he is located in the zone above?

Regards
Andreas

Hi,

Yes, I have been thinking about supporting devices in a hierarchical manner.

1. VThermo as a master thermostat for updating set points for thermostats in sub-zones, also with a delta value for the sub-devices.

2. Updating heaters in sub-zones.

Hi,

A new version of the VThermo app has been published to test - app store:

This version is a major rewrite, so please test.

• Added support for master thermostats, e.g. update target temperatures on other thermostats.
  • Added support for temperatures from other zones.
  • Added calculation methods for temperature and humidity (average, minimum, maximum).
  • Reduced memory consumption and faster updates from temperature, humidity and contact alarm changes.

Master thermostat

The virtual thermostat can be used as a ‘master thermostat’. As a master thermostat it will update the target temperature of other thermostats. Not only other VThermo - termostats, but standard phyical thermostats as well.

In Advanced settings, you can choose zones to control:

• same zone
  • sub zones, just one level down
  • all sub zones, all levels down

Select ‘Update other thermostats’ to update other thermostats and ‘Update other VThermos’ to update other virtual thermostats.

Temperature sensors

You can select the temperature sensors the virtual thermostat will take into consideration when calculation its temperature.

In Advanced settings, you can choose the types of temperature sensors: standard, other thermostats, other VThermo - thermostats and other devices with a temperature capability.

You can use temperature sensors from the same zone, from the parent zone, and from the sub zones.

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work and improving this great App @balmli !

1 Like

@balmli Thank you for this app. Saves me from a lot of flows.
I have a “problem”. My kitchen and livingroom are connected, so I would like my livingroom thermostat to turn off my oven, not only when a contact alarm in the livingroom is active, but also my kitchen.
Is it posible to let me chose what contact sensors it should check?

VThermo only supports contact alarms in the same zone as the VThermo itself right now.

So if you move the contact alarm for the kitchen to the living room, it would work.

Ok, thank you. I solved it for now by creating a group with all “affected” contact sensors, and placing this group in the living room.
This way I didn’t have to move the original contact sensors into the “wrong” room.

I just tried to add a Vthermo to my Homey (running 5.0.0-rc34).
I get timeout when trying. Known issue with 5.0.0.?
(Using VThermo 1.3.0)

No known issues on 5.0.0.

Are you controlling a z-wave device? Can you turn the device on / off ?

I can install the app but I can’t add a device. Get timeout…