Weather Underground PWS app Km/h = m/s

Hi,

I noticed lately that the info for Wind Strength and Gust Strength from my Weather Station, where not correct anymore in the Homey app.

Strength and Gust Strength are in Km/h , on my Weather Station, Weather Underground, on my telephone (android app) and on HOMEY.

I found out that the values on Homey are NOT Km/h, but M/S.

In the past this was not the case, and the indication were correct in Km/h.

I did not find a way to change this (Km/h to m/s) in the Homey app.

Anyone else had this issue?

Possible solution?

What’s new in v2.1.14
Added an app option to specify the wind speed units (Km/H or m/s).

Edit:

To change from Km/H to m/s:
Homey App β†’ More β†’ Apps β†’ Weather Underground β†’ Configure app β†’ Units: Wind speed (choose m/s) β†’ Save changes

Btw, it should have been better to post the question in the appropriate thread.

1 Like

I have fixed the default in the next update so it will stay on Km/H unless changed by the users.
Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks for your answer. :slightly_smiling_face: The idea was not to change the indication Km/h into m/s, but the data info from my Weather Station and get the real km/h data.
But I understood from Adrian that that will be possible after a next update.

β€œBtw, it should have been better to post the question in the appropriate [thread]”, Sorry for that.
For one reason or another I could not post my question in this tread.
Thanks!

Thank you :+1: for this quick reply and future solution.
The app works perfect for me! :grinning:

Then the other way around. Please excuse me for not paying close attention.
Finally, I answered your question how to change the unit for the wind speed and why the unit was changed. :man_shrugging:t3:

My pleasure.

1 Like

Update,
After changing several times between km/h and m/s (Homey App β†’ More β†’ Apps β†’ Weather Underground β†’ Configure app β†’ Units: Wind speed (choose m/s) β†’ Save changes - and the same for Km/h), the data in the Homey app is now (again) in real Km/h.
So, I am happy.
Sorry for all the fuss.
Thanks again.

2 Likes