When does Homey/Athom stop to let us users buy bridges?

I would rather want to be able to choose between Bridge and non-bridge connections. E.g. I do not want to use Homey to “when switch is pressed” activate a light. Hue bridge is well capable of doing that quickly and representative. Furthermore I would not end in the nightmare that someone breaks Homey and nothing works scenario.
Same with my Adam and Tom (Plugwise). I wouldn’t like Homey to be a zone thermostat.
I really like Homey to be clever.
In the evening shut my blinds and switch on the light. And so on. This all works through the bridge. Or switch all off which means heating off, lights off, music off.

Something’s are understandably out of Athom’s control or the hardware manufacturer choose to lock down their devices…

That being said though, two reasons i bought my Homey was that it’s marketed as having built-in RF 433mhz and an IR transmitter. In reality these have been badly implemented, they have limited support and for the craziest reasons have a lack of ability to be able to learn remote controls. :flushed:

Having all this RF and IR hardware built-in most average people end up having to buy a Sonoff RF bridge, or a Broadlink controller even though Homey “physically” has the potential ability to serve these functions. If Homey was cheap to buy it wouldn’t be so much of a worry (just more clutter) but I spent a bucket load buying mine just to find out I have to buy extra controllers to make all my 433Mhz and IR devices effectively useable…

If they just added a good learning system for remote controls I could probably throw away my SonOff RF… It’s a solvable problem. They just don’t seem to be interested .

Russ …