Which device to use for zwave range extention

Hey, anyone with a good suggestion of what to use as a repeater/extender for my z-wave?

Have only the Wall Switch now and my range is about 5-6 meters.

Should I buy aeotec extender or fibaro outlets?

Imho the fibaro outlets are best and do have an extra use. A range-extender is just a, well, range-extender…

Ok, is there any differences performance wise between the different wall plugs (fibaro, nexa…) regarding the meshing and range?

Quite huge differences in price.

As it was in the nodon topic, I definitely would use the nodon micro smart plugs to extend the range.

But any mains powered zwave device can be used to extend your range, including the cheap neo cool cam wall warts

1 Like

Dunno but I am going to buy a Fibaro as I kinda love the design - it’s a bit like Apple I feel…
You pay a for the design but as good design always is functional I will pay for that.

Okay after reading the reviews on Amazon re the new Fibaro Outlets (Gen 6, w/ Z-Wave Plus support) I skipped the idea of the Fibaros.
The stability seems to be not that great at the moment. It’s said that the previous version (Gen 5) is perfectly stable; though: it doesn’t support Z-Wave Plus AND - when you find it somewhere - it’s around 65€.

So I bought 2 of the Aeotec Range Extender 6.

While 1 seems to work (mesh is not yet created) the other one makes strange energy noise; such as cheap manufactured devices sometimes do (pretty close to when they tend to explode) :smile:

So one will go back, the other one gets the chance to create the mesh and let the devices re-route.

I just bought a Aeotec range extender 6… and it seems to be pretty much useless.
Non of my devices use that as a route. Homey is quite far away and still all devices more or less connects directly to homey which i found is strange. I would hope that my temp sensors and enerqy meter (that are the far away from homey) would use that as a route when the extender is kind of in the middle of homey and the devices.

Did you power off your homey (pull cable) for around 15 mins and then power on again?
This forces the mesh to get created again.
Pls try that and check the routes in the DevWebApp again…

No I did not… But I will try that now. Thanks for the tip.

HI, I know this is a bit old topic, but did this work?

I also keep having areas where the Z-Wave network fails despite multiple Fibaro dimmers and plugs. So I was hoping the Aeotec repeater could finally do a better job there.

Does anyone know where to best place them? I’ve read that you could actually best place the repeater next to Homey itself cause it would make an overall stronger Z-Wave network from the source?

For me the Aeotec repeater worked. It started to work after some updates not sure when. Now some of my z-wave devices uses that as a route.

Hi,
Complete beginner here, currently looking for a z wave extender and saw this post mentioning DevWebApp, what is that and how to i access it?
Considering adding thisAeotec range extender to access a device in my garage.