Is it possible to create a widget for android phones where i can see and switch my lights or other things. Then you don’t need to open your app al the time and search for everything.
If you want to learn a thing or two and invest some time you could read about the possibilities here: [TUTORIAL] Using Tasker / KLWP together with Homey
I use webhooks for that! The blog over here gives some information about webhooks: https://blog.athom.com/opening-apartment-door-remotely-homey/?lang=nl
I use the Webhook manager app: https://apps.athom.com/app/webhook.manager
And on my Android phone I use the app HTTP Requests shortcuts: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ch.rmy.android.http_shortcuts
It’s a bit work to set up, but with this you can trigger every wlow you want from a button on your phone.
I would very much like this too.
For now I use IFTTT for it.works like a charm, but a bit slower that as it would if it worked inside the hkmey app.
IFTTT has implemented it really nicely:
- first Connect Homey to IFTTT
- in the IFTTT app create a new applet with “this”: Button widget (red icon) -button press and “that” Homey - start a flow (i.e). It reads the flows on your Homey, so you can choose an existing flow.
- evt change the button title (length is limited on Android) and press finish.
- You can now choose “Add homescreen widget” and add it to your home screen.
- The first time you press this newly made button, you can choose the action you would like activate with this button.
Such a way of adding widgets to your home screen from within the Hkmey app would be a very nice way of implementing this!
Yes, I would like to have this too. The app is fine for advanced use, but there is too much clutter. Some icons on your android home screen would be nice. I tried the HTTP method once, but is was not always reliable. Tasker is much too complex imho.
Best way of implementing this would to be to add the ability for a Virtual Device to get dragged onto the home screen as a widget.