WiFi door and window sensor

Hi,

Which WIFI door and window sensor is currently supported by Homey? Neo coolcam WiFi door sensor i.e.?

Thx! Bram

As far as i know, Homey doesn’t support WiFi devices.
You should buy the Neo Coolcam NAS-DS01Z (which is Z-wave). I have several of them and they work great.
If you really prefer the WiFi type, maybe you can do something with IFTTT?

Thx Peter! I can indeed use Z-wave, but my front door is pretty far from (2 stories) from where my homey is.
Do you have experience with that?

If you have powered z-wave devices (for instance wall plugs), they will use the mesh network.
I have one in the shed (appr. 20 mtrs from Homey in the backyard incl a concrete wall and HR glass) and that works flawless. It uses the wall plug that is plugged in near the back window of the house or the recently placed plug in the shed itself.
And they are cheap buying from Ali now. Just bought a 4rd one for only €17,45. If you buy a 2 or 4 pack at the official cooolcam store they are even cheaper.

Thx Peter! Good advise!! I wonder if Homey V2 with HomeKit support will be able to trigger flows for HomeKit devices like Eve door sensor

Hi Bram, did you finally tried the Neo Coolcam WiFi sensor? I think it will not work as you cannot add them to your homey (at least i don’t know how). So a link with IFTTT will also not work i guess…

I have bought two of them and will figure out but a little feedback is appreciated :slight_smile:

I did buy a zwave version. But my door is to far from my honey to get it to work. :slight_smile:
Will probably look in to WiFi versions soon. You happy with yours?

Not received it yet.

Hi,

Received it.

It works fine and can be connected to Homey via the Smart Life app ( Smart Life - Smart Living van Yu xiang ==>> https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/smart-life-smart-living/id1115101477?mt=8 ). So you need to have that app installed.

Perhaps swap the Z-wave one for a WiFi sensor? As i have one WiFi sensor extra which is not in use now and i wanted z-wave sensor from beginning of domotica.

How did you connect with homey?

1 Like

Hi,

Received it.

It works fine and can be connected to Homey via the Smart Life app ( Smart Life - Smart Living van Yu xiang ==>> https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/smart-life-smart-living/id1115101477?mt=8 ). So you need to have that app installed.

Made flows in Homey via IFTTT, so i have activated that integration.

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

You are right. I needed a wifi door sensor due to distance problems. I tried KAKU and zigbee but they were not abel to bridge the distance to my gate. A lot of wifi sensors are not supported in homey. A direct homey connected wifi sensor i could not find.
The solution which worked for me is:
The large wifi sensor for eWeLink. Connect to the eWeLink app. After that use a IFTTT widget to connect to Homey. For me after all that worked fine. Good luck!

I would say IFTT has an unstable reaction time, for such a sensor I would go to something within your net not depending on the cloud:

1 Like

Good morning,

I bought a NEO coolcam door sensor. This turns out to be the wifi version instead of the z-wave.
I’ve searched the forum, but can’t get a definitive answer whether or not it works on homey.
In any case, I am not currently able to install it within homey.
Is there a app that i can use?

I have added now an adapter to replace the batteries. Wifi and outsite temperatures eat batteries :nerd_face:. Works great now. No problems yet.