Wiz Smart

Hi, is it a plan to create an app for Wiz Smart devices? They are connected threw WiFi and are produced by the same company that owned Philip Hue.

Make a new app request in here following the template and hope the Comunity developers will create one.

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m working on an app for Wiz light bulbs after finding an unofficial API description. I have contacted WIZ support to possibly get an official version, but have met little interest. The answer was that they only gave the description to partners and OEM partners. The app I am developing is in test, and works with filament light bulbs with adjustable white light and color bulbs. I use the app on my own Homey Pro and consider sharing the code as soon as I have finished testing.

In very interested in WiZ app, is it still in beta?

Also interested. Have 3 bulbs I used before homey. Now they are just on the shelf. Will be happy to help testing

The app is still under development. Although I have around 40 years of experience in programming everything from mainframes to mini-machines, I am completely new when it comes to Homey and NodeJS. The challenge is therefore not to control the bulbs, but lies around drivers and multiple devices using ip addresses. Once these issues are resolved I will post the source to the app. In terms of rights, Iā€™m a little unsure if it can be checked in as an app since Wiz connect was not very accommodating. I will post link to source as soon as I am ready.

1 Like

Iā€™m interested too. The WiZ filament bulbs are able to change the whites from warm to cold, which sadly the Hueā€™s canā€™t do. But an app for Homey is needed of course :smiley:

My app was rejected. The reason are that Wiz will come with an official app very soon. For those who are interested the source can be found on github. I suspect that the Wiz app goes against their server. My app talks directly with the bulbs.

2 Likes

Could be on the Community Store!

1 Like

I sincerely hope so they developed it with a local connection. If yes, instant buy. If no, the developersā€¦ well, Iā€™m not gonna finish that sentence.

1 Like

I have sent them a message, will see!

1 Like

Am sure thatā€™s gonna be ok. Itā€™s some nice guys over there!

The app are now on the community store!

2 Likes

Documentation for use can be found here: GitHub - boeyum/no.jib.WizBulbs: Homey NodeJS application for Wiz light bulbs.

First of all, I really appreciate your effort to create a Wiz app as thatā€™s the light bulbes Iā€™ve started with in my smart set up. I got my Homey today it took me a while to download the app (had to work my way through ā€œhow to downloadā€ first) but when I got your app it worked like a charm for the color bulb. However, when I came to my ā€œstupidā€ LED on/off/dim bulbes they refused to be added. When Iā€™m supposed to chose which bulb I get the text ā€œipadr is not definedā€. Could the reason be that I have 8719514550070 which is not listed in your overview?

Just installed the WIZ app and it is really good with my color WIZ bulb. All the functionality is there.

I have the problem that I installed the second WIZ bulb. Got it to work wirh the official wiz app.

However, when I try to add a new device in Homey, the wiz app give the error message "Cannot read property ā€˜toStringā€™ of null

I have tried to restart the app, no difference.

I have deleted the bulb already working and tried again. Now it found the new bulb and it works perfectly. However when trying to add the other bulb I get the same error message

Is this a problem with the app or?

Iā€™m sorry this type of bulb is not working. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get hold of this type of bulb where I live. It has therefore not been tested. I guess the problem lies around the logic of ā€œmodule nameā€ being returned from the bulb upon detection, but since I do not have this type of bulb I can not be sure what will be returned.

I got a bulb that is similar to the one you have tried. New version of the app version 2.2.0 will include updating with support for the bulb. This is reported to the person who manages the community store, but it may take some time. (Note: be sure that version 2.2.0 is the one being downloaded)

1 Like

Iā€™m looking at the problem, but it may take some time. I will be dependent on getting a new color bulb since I have unfortunately broken one. Since shops here I live are closed down due to corona, I am dependent on ordering online. I will return as soon as I have corrected the error.

I found the error and corrected it. New version of the app version 2.2.0 will contain the fix.

1 Like

Super, then I will give it a try when new app version is out and the weekend is here. I like to keep an eye to things until I know for sure that my settings are working properly.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the official integration is available on the App Store!. It does indeed use the official WiZ server API, which means you can also control bulbs which are not directly on the same network as your Homey.