Wiz Smart

Hi, I just got two Wiz bulbs (The E14 candles), connected them with the Wiz app, Enabled Homey, got the link code, put it in the Homey app, close the window as it prompts and then it hangs on the “log in on website” loading screen.
It doesn’t seem to go through the Homey connection.
If I try it again, I need a new link code and it goes as mentioned before…
Any ideas on why this happens?..

1 Like

No matter how much I try, the official app doesn’t let me use it…
I did, however, find out how to get your app to work Jan-Ivar! It works like a charm with my Tradfri wireless dimmers, to turn the lights on and off! Thank you so much for sharing.
I did read the posted dimming ‘issue’ on github and found myself handling the same issue, lol.
Do you think you are going to be able to figure out how to use plus and minus dimming? Would be awesome.

I may try to activate the official app again later this weekend, but for now I’m pretty happy :slight_smile:

[Edit]
Btw, I just looked it up and I’m using the E14 color candles 8718699787097.
Maybe you’d want to know they also work.

Thanks for the nice feedback. Theoretically, most of the Wiz bulbs should work as the different bulbs have the same api syntax. It just seems that some have more features than others.

For any other users experiencing issues during WiZ authorization, you can try the following:

1. Disable the Homey integration in the WiZ app
  2. Make sure all WiZ devices are removed from your Homey
  3. Re-enable the Homey integration in the WiZ app and make sure to copy the new link code now. This is the most important step.
  4. Try to link your WiZ device in the Homey app with the code you’ve already copied, so you do not need to exit the app to setup the connection.

It looks like it a bug when using multitasking on your phone. If this solves the issue, please share some details about your phone (OS version) and the Homey app version, so hopefully this can be solved by Athom in the future.

2 Likes

Yep, that fixes it. Ty!

Samsung Galaxy s10+
Android 11
Homey 7.2.0

anyone know if/or have tried the WIZ wall plug with the app?

Unfortunately the WiZ Cloud API does not support the wall plug at this time, so the Homey app is unable to support it.

I have updated the unofficial WIZ app om the community store. It now support the ceiling lamps (flat plafond) using only the local network.

If you mean Wiz SmartPlug then I am now testing the interface to this one these days. I expect to post it on the Homey Community Store in the near future as version 2.5.0 of the WizBulbs app.

Update 18/5 2022.
A new version of the app i the Community Store is out. The app directly controls bulbs, plafond lamps and the smart plug over local WiFi.

1 Like

Fixed it, thanks!

Hi Jan-Ivar, still love the app! :wink:
I’m missing the cards for setting a scene in my devices.
The scenes, however, are available inside the device itself when you click the bulb in the Homey Devices tab, just not in the (Then) cards.
Is this is intentional, is it in none of your cards with other lights that are? Or are they supposed to be there?..
As of now I’m on v2.5.0, with the following WiZ lights connected:

• GU10, EAN 8718699786250
  • GU10, EAN 8719514551039
  • E14, EAN 8718699787097
    The main issue with not being able to set scenes, is having to set them by hand with all the hue, sat, bright and color cards involved, trying to match the scene.

Hi, nice that you like the app. The fact that there are no cards to set up scenes probably comes from the story behind the app. It was originally designed for my wife to adjust white color on the light, while I did not want to communicate with servers outside the local network. When I developed the app further, I have to admit that I did not think of Flows and Cards. However, I drive to look at the app nowadays, and this is clearly something I need to look at. It may take some time for the next version of the app to finish.

Great backstory, awesome (and very smart) that you designed the app for your wife :wink:
As far as I can tell, you designed the app for local use, whereas the "official’ app is cloud based like WiZ itself likes to do (however WiZ added a ‘use local’ button, it still doesn’t help if there’s crappy cloud connection)… The advantages with local are awesome, so many thanks for that.
I’m looking forward to an update! Good work!

With more than 30 years of experience as a program developer and system architect, I have learned that for each server that is added to double the possibility of Errors. So yes, I found the UDP / Json API and developed an app that goes locally. In the new version I also test the Smart plug that can report consumption, as well as some types of color LED strips.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but the new version of my wiz app is currently in the blue. The reason is that I lost some of the spark after Homey made sure that the Homey Community Store no longer works and is therefore not available. I myself chose Homey for openness and the fact that one had the Community Store. I will try to restart with the app developement and post it on Github as Source (the only way to share Homey apps such a situation is now).

Hello, I want to thank you for your app, I downloaded from github and modified to work with my lights and there were a few things to add but im very happy that you made a very good template for me to get started, Otherwise i would have not been able to do this! My lights were horrendous with the wiz cloud app , I have 6 wiz lights in the same light in my kitchen and they would spontaniosly not turn on or off 2-3 of them and it was very slow to control with the wiz cloud app. Now it works great , everything tunrs on immedietly and no light “hangs up” like it used to before! Thanks for your work and its a shame that homey removed the community store , It would have been nice if more people who do not want to download and modify some code could use this much better way of controllign wiz lights!

It was nice that you could use the app. The reason it was initially made was because I “hate” apps that use a technology where the supplier requires you to go through their web server in order to control the devices instead of managing them in the local network. This increases the vulnerability of a smart home solution. I am working on a new app around Wiz. This will have a different angle when it comes to the detection and recognition of devices, and is based on functionality instead of unit type as today. Unfortunately, it looks like the new app is not compatible with the old one, but will replace it. It will still take some time for the app to finish, but I will try to put it out on the new Homey Community Store when ready.

2 Likes

Hello, I did not know , Is there a new community store?, I thought you had to clone apps from github and use homey sdk to install nowadays.

Hello, does WiZ Superslim Ceiling 32 W is supported by Homey WiZ Connected App? I cannot find information about that.

I would assume so. I have the less advanced ceiling light (no colors), and it works just fine.

Just install it in the Wiz native app, then install it through Homey.

1 Like