WOOX R7060 smart garden irrigation control

As addition to my previous post: this flow runs for 2 weeks now and it works fine. Nevertheless, I think it will be most reliable to use a soil moisture sensor. Since it can also rain for just 10 minutes and it will still be too dry for your garden.

Does anyone has experience with a Homey compatible humidity sensor for the garden?

you mean a soil moisture sensor ?. As far as I know there is only the mi flora, but it is for indoor use only.
Even if you can work around this and use it outdoor the bluetooth signal is mostly not strong enough to reach homey

Yes, soil moisture sensor is a better description :slight_smile:
That’s a pity… I saw Gardena has a sensor that works with Wifi… But in that case you will also need to buy the hub. The disadvantage is the investment…

Hello Wolter,
I made the flow like the example.
I am still testing, but you helped well.
Thanks
Greeting William

Also looking at an automated irrigation system. Maybe to use an humidity soil meter

And use a Shelly 1 to read the status

Maybe this is also an option to use

I got one from misol but I couldn’t get it connected, let me try it

I need the gateway for that, I don’t have it (yet)

I tried to make it work using Homeys 433MHz receiver but I couldn’t work out the codes coming back as it looked completely random in Homey. Probably using an unsupported transmission method. Also the range meant Homey couldn’t even detect a signal when the sensor was outside.
The gateway seems to work well and being a WiFi connection to Homey means I can place it closer to the sensor.

it seems that its ecowitt brand

That would makes sense as it connects well to the ecowitt server.

I found this, maybe you can do something with that ?

@Adrian_Rockall any luck ?

I only had a quick look but it doesn’t seem easy to convert that work to Homey’s implementation of the radio.
Also, now that I have put the sensor in the garden, my Homey doesn’t even detect it on the radio capture. So I think the hub is the best way to go as it is so cheap.

Got the gateway, is working now

1 Like

Do you use the gateway together with Homey ? Can you use on both the Woox App en Homey ?

Gateway is for Misol. Woox you can add as a generic zigbee device only. I asked Johan Benz to add it to the tuya zigbee app

1 Like

I’ve been having an annoying problem with adding this as a generic device. It works flawless for a while and then it loses connection entirely (the “device timed out” error). I then have to remove and readd it to make it work for a while again.

Is this just me?

Hi Hannes, seems like zigbee mesh and or zigbee/wifi related.

Do you have enough router devices? What’s the distance to the nearest one?
Athom zigbee advice

If you run firmware v5 or higher: did you perform a zigbee reset after update to v5?
(Be warned, all zigbee devices have to be re-paired, and flows need to be fixed)

Zigbee network and channelnr info:
https://tools.developer.homey.app/tools/zigbee

Zigbee & WiFi frequencies interference.
Interference check:
http://ostgardh.se/wifi_zigbee/index.html

Background:

Wifi advice:
http://wifimetrix.com/channels-1-6-11-only

Hi Peter. Thank you for thinking along!

I have approximately 20 routers and 35 end devices. There is also one router close to the woox.

It’s interesting as it seems to be triggered by something. Perhaps a restart of homey? My zigbee mesh should be optimal. Also when I move the woox closer to homey it doesn’t start working out of the blue, seems like it simply forgot the entire device.