[APP][Pro] X10 App

HomeyX10

This app receives and transmits X10 signals over the air (433Mhz) (European x10 standard) Makes Homey backward compatible with classic domotica , X10 functions 30 years now.

What works:

• X10 OnOff device
  • X10 MS13E and lookalikes sensors (light alarm , movement alarm in one sensor)
  • X10 Dim works

What doesn’t:

• All commands not yet implemented.

• The app shows all kind of referencing and extending possible in node.js 4.6.0 with Ecma6 , programming it was an excercise for Ecma6 and referencing

changeLog

25-11-2016 admitted to github. and asked admisson app store Athom

27-11 -2016 removed not used save button from showoptions pair page which caused app crashes.

27-12-2016 made pair pages complete dynamic, so code only has to be written once for pairing added functionality to Dim device , so it works

09-01-2017 starting a flow from a received X10 command implemented

19-06-2017 changed interval and sensitivity to new standards of homey 433 signal defenition , was changed with no notice or explanation

06-06-2018 SDK2 version 2.0.0 admitted to app store as beta

04-06-2018 bug fixed that prevented device icons to be shown

23-08-2018 added new forum id

21-09-2018 v2 version app becomes stable, all devices must be repaired if you come from stable version 0.5.8170

22-09-2018 2.0.3 fixed a bug for correct github issue link

25-09-2018 2.0.4 fixed the flows and ms13e updating the capabilities in the device

8-09-2018 2.0.5 fixed bug

30-09-20128 2.0.6 added sentry logging

27-01-2019 made app Homey firmware V2 compliant, a lot changed in the pairing code V2

Paypal donate Copyright (c) 2018 Jilles Miedema

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. Contact GitHub API Training Shop Blog About © 2016 GitHub, Inc. Terms Privacy Security Status Help

updating the app to V2 implies you have to repair all devices because a virtual device class is added , so yo can implement a socket or dim x10 as a light, all on and off can be implemented from a flow

Not sure if it is caused by Homey upgrading to 1.5.12 or this app upgrade…I noticed that my X10 devices were not recognized anymore and had to be re-installed. This is inline with what nattelip is suggesting above.

However, since that same moment X10 reception does not seem to work anymore as well. I have checked the X10 reception path (CM15pro) and Homey does still receive the X10 signals (at least I can capture traffic at 433 MHz) but the triggers dont fire anymore.

Any clues?

Same issue here, X10 receiption not working anymore.
Created an issue for it (https://github.com/nattlip/com.jilles.x10.2/issues)

And I am also absolutely not happy the way the update was delivered. Leaving my home in almost complete darkness. (Luckely I still have my cm15pro, running on that now until I have recovered all my flows).

Disadvantage of open source I guess, programmers that also need to learn how to release properly.
(Advice to create a new app when changing fundamental interfaces)

v2.0.5 has resolved the issue for me. Working again as before now. Thanks.

MS13 seems not working with 2.05.
Flows with “De beweging melder gaat aan” do not start.
Homey does receive the X10 signal.
Adding not the sensor as trigger but the X10. 2 item and selecting the same adress seems to work. But the negative thing using this method is that the MS13 will repeat the sending this code if someone stays in front of the sensor.

i will look into it , this approach i dont know yet

@RobK How do i make a flow the bewegingsmeder gaat aan ? im not htat experienced with flows. De bewegingsmelder is a device name ? i want ot reproduce the issue , if you tell me how i can make that flow i can see what is wrong i have a lot of ms13s and indeed he repaeats a lot flows

@RobK like this

That is the flow I was using. Only I have homey configured Dutch and the motion sensor shows “De beweging melder gaat aan”, but that means the same as “The motion alarm turned on”.
When I came home today nothing with x10 did work. Restarting x10 app did not solve the problem. Then I also noted a new version was installed, 2.06.
I restarted homey and after that all seems to work. Even the MS13.
Looks like 2.06 did solve the problem.

solved. i deleted the ms13e device but strange enough it stayed living in the app even after restart app, restarting homey did the trick . i only cant tell if you have to delete the device and restart homey afterr that or restarting homey alone solves the problem , i didnt changed anything in the code. so i dont know yet if this is an app problem or homey problem . actually i dont know why . if you only delete the device and pair it again the flows keeps inactive asif devie is removed even if yoy add it to the flow. this is a homey problem. i f you close the flow the device is deleted in the flow again if you opn it ???

I’ll keep an eye on it in the coming days.

Are there also plans to support the ms10 and ms18 motion sensors?

well you can add them as ms13e , if it are not x10 devices using the x10 security protocol which isnt suppoorted by the app, i dont have any x10 security devices.

Hello, i am using A10(Xanura) and X10 devices for practically all lights-around 20 Dim modules - , curtains and luxaflex. Inputs are devies like MS13E, and Xanura SAIX, PIOX15 and IMX10 modules which are essentially interface modules that generate a X10 on or off address as a result of an input from modules like a dusk sensor, switch home/vacation, etc.
Can the X10 app accommodate this?
At the moment I am still using a Xanura homebox controller with about 15 scenario’s running:, but as Eaton recently really stopped all support for Xanura Home box unit, I am looking into a move to Homey and maybe gradually introduce Zwave modules.
On the other hand, I have at least 50 mainly Xanura modules and some Marmitek and after modification of the Xanura SAIX and DAIX modules these are now very reliable and the house has been running very well for the last 4 years

Homey can send X10 RF commands and receive them.
Homey cannot receive nor send X10 powerline commands!

Knowing this you can conclude:

1. Homey will not receive the status of DAIX because these are powerline signals.
    (You can keep your homebox alive and create macro to “forward” status via RF to homey)
  2. Homey will not be able to sent absolute dim commands to your DAIX. Because X10-RF only supports relative bright/dim
    (You can keep your homebox alive and create macros that are triggered by a homey RF command that send a absolute dim command over powerline

What works for me:
I kept a lot of my macros (scenarios) running on my CM15pro. But all the triggers and status is running on homey.
Example: I have a macro on CM15pro thats switches on all my livingroom lights (DAIX) via the powerline. This way I can use absolute dimming commands and prevent x10 conflicts.
This macro is triggered by homey via RF (several different triggers)

homey cant send x10 powerline commands but al rf signals can be send over powerline by all x10 transceivers vice versa, so no problem, thats how i use it

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reaction.The problem is that in the (near) future I want to get rid of the Homebox, because there is no support anymore. And the units are not very stable as the development stopped before the software was completely finished, so there still are some bugs.

My homebox is running on a UPS unit, because if the mains is switched off, there is a chance it crashes and can only be revived by Xanuara support - which no longer exists. I have a second Homebox which seems not to have this problem, but you can see why I am looking to change to Homey…

Concerning the dim commands, here the problem seems to be that the RF transceivers do not support the extended datea code needed for direct dim, etc… I think.

Concerning your statement on forwarding status via RF to Homey: I would need an X10 line to X10RF interface, I am not aware there is one available.

Arie de Haas

See Newbie X10 questions also lots of X10 information

That is correct.
That what I tried to explain with:

But you descriped it better :wink:

Doesnt homebox support X10RF sending/receiving?
If not look at “marktplaats” you will find a lot of cheap X10 material. A CM15pro does the job. (Thats what I have) but there are probably more options

Gr Frank

Hoi Frank,

Thanks for your reply. Concerning the CM15pro, does this unit send all X10 powerline commando’s it receives automatically to the RF transmitter?

Or do you have to program it?

Arie